Are we there yet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we there yet??

Second time grower and learning all the time. I am growing 'auto Brooklyn Sunrise' and I seem pretty close to harvest. The pistils are starting to darken. Should I go for it or wait a week or two. Could I harvest the top half and let the bottom develope?Click image for larger version

Name:	close.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	696.1 KB
ID:	565210

You have weeks ti go yet. Stay patient

Comment

Dude yeah. 4 weeks most likely but who knows?
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Ah lads, you're killing me. 4 weeks?

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          What it is

Do you have a loupe or microscope to check the trichomes?
        1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
        1 sf2000 @200 watts
        2 philzon @230 watts
        2x4x5 tent
        3x6x8 closet
        Fox Farm ocean forest
        Black gold for seedling
        3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
        RH 40-60
        Temp 70-80
        Feeding with FF trio with molasses
        calmag and a little flower fuel
        Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Those weren't done yet, look to harvest day 100 from sprout most times longer. generally 60 days give a week or two after transitioning into flower.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-21-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah - the website said 75 days but I suspect that is perfect conditions under lights. I think 100 days is a lot closer to the truth.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	auto.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	565502
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by capodevel View Post
              Yeah - the website said 75 days but I suspect that is perfect conditions under lights. I think 100 days is a lot closer to the truth.

Name:	auto.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	565502
              Yea I grow autos perpetually outdoors all year around that's what I go by. I just expect to harvest every 100 days give or take. I'll start a new every 73 days or so. I dont believe I've ever pulled a plant auto or photo at the breeders harvest time. Usually add a couple weeks minimum to everything. I don't know how they do autos, imo their not stable enough yet to give exact time frames. With photos they start counting when plants transition into flower not at change in light cycle. Photos are the way to go indoors. You use the same equipment, same cost, and effort the only difference is 3 or more ounces a plant. One grows 5 autos that's around a pound lost over growing photos.

Comment

A week later. Am I much closer? Click image for larger version

Name:	weed.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	565831

Comment

• GroBuddy
                  GroBuddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If what you see is a plant ready to harvest, you've been pulling early, and only considering sugar leaf trichomes as your harvest Indicator.

• User420111
                  User420111 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too early for you maybe. Sheesh
                  To each his or her own. Some people like fried green tomatoes for crying out loud. Personally I think they are hideous. If someone wants to take a plant early when the trichomes are clear on the sugar leaves so be it. Give them the information and let them decide, that's my position. I don't think throwing your opinion out there about what you consider harvestable or not is relevant to anyone but you

• GroBuddy
                  GroBuddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not what I consider harvestable, it's when the plant is actually considered ready. If you want to harvest early that's cool. Telling someone their plant is ready when it's not hummm what's that oh your opinion. Well bud atleast my opinion is accurate, yours is based on your personal preference. If someone wants to harvest like you, it really doesn't matter what weed they grow. Harvesting early for a speedy head high can be done with any and all plants. Harvesting early for a speedy high is personal preference and incorrect, in order to get each plants effect in full harvesting when ripe is the correct way to grow, harvesting early is personal preference. Now I'll give the accurate way to grow, then it's up to the individual grower on how they proceed. Enjoy your speedy head high weed, but seriously if you want a speedy head high you grow durban poison, green crack, super green crack, amnesia haze, that's only a few sativas that if harvest when ready not early will give you the effects of a speedy high. You're basically not getting the most out of your plants. Not just the effects but also flavor and smell the terpenes. Harvesting before plants ready physically not personal opinion you lose out on all that. You may say you dont, but you obviously dont know what the final product is supposed to look like. You'll also hinder your yield as the last 2 weeks to 4 the calyxes swell. Good luck bud

P.s. which is why everyone but you is saying wait.
                  Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-28-2022, 09:46 AM.

Not really probably another 3 to 4 wks if it was a photo I'd say 4 to 6 wks. Also adding full plant pics would help looking at the buds instead of up close trichomes and pistils that we cant really make out clearly. Or atleast further back pics of buds. Just observing the plant the pistils will change color, pistils will curl in towards the calyx. Only half way there. Next calyxes will swell and pistils will shorten and recede into swollen calyxes. By this time the top buds should be colorful red is okay that's due to 1 being closest to light and 2 the sugar leaves are the main reason for color.
                Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-26-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

3 weeks more + - . My girls are about two weeks out and I’m getting impatient as well, but I didn’t come this far to harvest an inferior product.
                  Patience, friend.
                  Photo Grow: 2 Strawberry Cough
                  Manifold Training
                  4x2x6 Grow Tent
                  (2) ViparSpectras 450W LED
                  AC Infinity Cloudline T6 & Carbon Filter
                  Extra Fan, Humidifier
                  FFOF Soil
                  FF Trio Nutes
                  Temp: 80* RH: 50%
                  Well Water Adjusted to 6.5 ph

Comment

Weeks away. don’t chop it yet

Comment

Name:	twoweeks-totalrecall.gif
Views:	306
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	566304
                      keeping it green with the soil thing
                      love me some frosty autos
                      braap
                      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

You're getting there. You'll to get a mini microscope that you can get for around $10 and look at the trichomes to determine the precise time to harvest. GWE has excellent info on how to check the trichomes and when to harvest.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X