Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow, yellow tips

Hey guys,

My first grow here. I noticed what may appear to be light stress on one of my plants. I have attached a pic for you to see as well as my setup. My light is 14in away, par reads under 400. These are at day 20. Any idea what I can do this early on? The other 3 plans show no signs of this at all. Thanks for all your help!
    Attached Files

I wanted to add some details... medium is soil. Using boom nutrients auto pack. Light HPS 400watt with cooltube. The light is currently 14 inches from the top of the plants.

Comment

They sure dont need nutes until week 4 and does the soil have nutes.
      1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
      1 sf2000 @200 watts
      2 philzon @230 watts
      2x4x5 tent
      3x6x8 closet
      Fox Farm ocean forest
      Black gold for seedling
      3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
      RH 40-60
      Temp 70-80
      Feeding with FF trio with molasses
      calmag and a little flower fuel
      Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

14" on the lights seems a bit close as my LED wants 54" from seedlings.

Comment

Day 24 (the smallest one is one week earlier), I am having the problem continue. I have not given any nutes to my babies but did give a little last week as I thought the soil I purchased needed it. I used this soil:
          https://www.amazon.es/Canna-Terra-Pr...%2C426&sr=8-11

It has made me feel out of control of my grow as I don't really understand what it has. I know a lot of nitrogen because one turned super green and stunted before I ever added nutes. I have just been PHing my distilled water. I have never used enough water to run through the whole pot yet as it's 5 gallons and they are still quite small and last gave them about 350 ml of water. They were dry when I watered them yesterday.

I moved the light up 2 inches. The PAR readings are coming out around 400 and higher as they are growing up a bit. I did have some issues with humidity and temp, just getting it all right but nothing out of "the zone." I feel like they just have nute burn and need to continue to just water what do you guys think?

PS- when I gave them nutes twice, it was "roots" and "auto", but the auto I gave 1/4 what it said. The PPM was around 500 each time.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by joeman098; 05-21-2022, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Another question! I am using a table in my grow. Is that a mistake? I feel like even though its 6 1/2 feet it could make it harder for me to cool the tent. What do you all think?

Comment

The curled up leaf edges could be an indication that your light is too close. Also are you watering at correct pH?

Comment

• joeman098
                joeman098 commented
                Editing a comment
                I keep my PH at 6.5ish every time. I have been really good about PPM, PH, temp range (70-85)... I was actually thinking it could be wind burn? I had a fan a bit close to that one and bought a new one that didn't blow so hard.

Water the soil not the plant, if the soil is dry (or to wet) it cannot grow roots into it (to wet the roots rot).
              Also are they autos or photos?

Comment

• joeman098
                joeman098 commented
                Editing a comment
                These are autos. In regards to watering the soil... I had already bought a nutrient series (boom nutrients auto pack). I didn't realize until recently that it is not exactly organic. So I am really feeding the plant not the soil? Since I have not used any more nutes should I stick with those or should I be amending the soil in week 4 or 5?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X