Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Yellow Spot Disease

Hi,

I have been growing outdoors for over 5 years. For the past 2+ years I have been cloning and growing Blue Dream and Grand Daddy Purple, in wood shavings in pots and feed them daily with hydroponic nutrient. The plants are in full sun and are under 20W LED lights at night. When I want certain plants to flower, I move them to a different area in my garden, where there is very little ambient light at night, and they have pistils within 2 weeks, and ready for harvest in 9 to 11 weeks, mocnitored by microscope and trichome colour. I have had great results, with plants harvested at around 2m tall, and the nutrient is NOT the cause of my problem.

I live in the greater Durban area in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa, which is sub-tropical, humid, with high summer rainfall, at about 400m above seal-level. I have had powdery mildew problems in the past, but use a copper containing contact fungicide solution (Copper Count-N), which seems to work.

We have had abnormally high rainfall the past spring summer (Sept 2021 to March 2022), and a new disease has appeared on the leaves, which appears to be a fungus. Initially, it rained within a day or two of my weekly spray, so I assumed that it was diluting the chemicals, but the past 3 weeks has been better, but the spray does not seem to be helping yet.

The mature fan leaves develop yellow spots which spread, and the leaves eventually die - see attached pics. I have tried to research this, but have found nothing similar so far.

Does anyone on this forum have knowledge or experience of this disease, and a possible safe solution?

Kindest regards,
    Lottie.

PS. GrowWeedEasy has helped and educated me so much in the past 3 years, and has been an excellent guide to my endevours! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220515_113806.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	564829
    Attached Files

Have you considered Leaf Septoria (Yellow Leaf Spot)? I have no experience with it, but it is said to be prevalent in climates with high moisture and heat.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

It kind of looks like something splashed on them.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I'll give you 2 more things to be considered, 1 PH 2 Bugs, but I'll lean to it being a PH issue coming from wood shavings.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X