First Grow~Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow~Advice Needed

Hello everyone! This is my first grow from bag seed so I don’t know the strain. She germinate 2/2/2022 and first white hairs appeared the first week of April. I have been giving her minimum nutes and started mixing a little molasses about a month ago. This is my first grow so I’ve been researching and doing the best I can on a limited budget. I have never even seen a real cannabis plant before so I have no clue if these trichomes are clear or milky lol. My questions are:

Can anyone tell the strain?
    Should the leaves be starting to change color at the edges?
    Should I remove any leaves?
    ​​​​​​​Do these trichomes look clear or milky?
    How much longer til harvest?
    What should I do now? Flush? Feed more?

From what I see from the photos, how close is your light. The pistals are mostly white so not ready to harvest.
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Yes, maybe too close to the light. It’s about 18 inches from the light.

Comment

Juanita , welcome to the GWE forum , strain? No. Lower leaves can be pruned, to focus energy on the buds and let air flow. You have white pistils that need to turn rusty and curly. As you have 3-5 weeks to go you should feed and water it. In the mean time get a jewelers loop to check out the BUD trichomes AFTER those pistils turn rusty and curly. You have plenty of time.
        Last edited by GuitboxTom; 05-14-2022, 06:29 PM. Reason: Welcome
        New indoors grower.
        super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
        2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
        2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
        4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
        Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

GuitboxTom thank you!!

Comment

Juanita Your welcome. Limited pruning should also allow light to get to buds. Flushing is not necessary unless you’ve over fed with fertilizer. As the buds mature lower leaves can turn colors yellowing as the plant starts to use its own nutrients. Don’t harvest early! You have plenty of time and those buds will get fatter as you go toward the end. Good job so far. Click image for larger version

Name:	4FDEAD31-7BB5-4E1E-89DF-4354DD538EFC.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	564791
            New indoors grower.
            Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

GuitboxTom thank you for this information. It is very helpful. When you say limited pruning do you mean the big fan leaves at the bottom or smaller ones? I pruned her a little before flowering but I was scared to do too much. Also I definitely won’t harvest early, I have come this far and I really want to do everything as right as possible 😊

Comment

I say limited cause You need to be careful with pruning. Looks like you have the correct outlook though. I like to take a few fans at a time so the plant won’t stress. Some others like to get it done in one or two pruning sessions. Some get down right superstitious about it and don’t like pruning at all. But it’s scriptural so I like doing it. Plus it’s productive.
                New indoors grower.
                Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

r So you got 6 weeks into flower. Should be feeding bud booster.
                  Dont worry about leaves unless there blocking the budsites and actually the large leaves can stay since it has food for the plants. If your doing minimal feeding the plant is using the leaves for its source which is why there droopy.3-4 weeks start looking at the trichomes. The pistils should be turning brown and curling before. Flush 2 weeks before harvest then let them live off the plants stored up sugars. Good Luck.
                  1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
                  1 sf2000 @200 watts
                  2 philzon @230 watts
                  2x4x5 tent
                  3x6x8 closet
                  Fox Farm ocean forest
                  Black gold for seedling
                  3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
                  RH 40-60
                  Temp 70-80
                  Feeding with FF trio with molasses
                  calmag and a little flower fuel
                  Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Check with light manufacturer on correct distance for flower. Each one is different.
                    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
                    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

cybersmib thank you, will do.. the leaves changing like that only started happening in the last 7-10 days so I was thinking (hoping) it meant she would be ready in the next week or so but after posting on here I see I have atleast 3 more weeks to go!! All good tho, I’ll patiently wait lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X