Beginner grower problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner grower problems

21 days. I know I overwatered to start but haven't watered since Sunday (4 days ago far.) Spotted leaves have gotten worse, first true leaves are dead. I've misted with Epson salts because it looks like nute deficiency to me though I read that way roots can make it look like that. I started with "organic potting soil" with no added nutes for the seedlings except the plugs they were sprouted in. I added 1/3 of 12-4-8 fertilizer to the water starting the second week. I added worm castings 4 days ago before the last water. Also, that was the first time I adjusted my ph 8.5 water down to 6.5 before watering.

The plant seems to be growing well but dying from the bottom up. I raised the lights a few days ago mostly because I wanted to do something... I'll make better dirt next time but don't know what to do for these
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Going though the repair guide ... I think that it looks like PH problems. I'll concentrate on that first.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You might need calcium too. You can make egg shell water if you want to do foliar spraying. But yeah, pH matters for nutes to be absorbed. GL

90Gizmo , good idea to focus on pH. 8.5-6.5 is a large fluctuation. 6.5 is Good. The lower leaves usually get absorbed by the growing plant. New growth looks better.
    Be sure that there is microbes in the fertilizer to help with root zone uptake of nutrients.
    New indoors grower.
    super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
    2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
    2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
    4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
    Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X