Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grow Tent Venting? Blocking light but still allow air ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Tent Venting? Blocking light but still allow air ?

Hi Guys,

Ive got a Spider Farmer® 5’x5’x6.5′ 150cm x 150cm x 200cm Indoor Grow Tent and I want to
    open one of the vents but still block the light.

What are you guys using to block the light/pests but still allow airflow?

Is there a circular foam insert or something I can put in the hole? Love to know what you guys
    are doing on the fresh air side of your grow tents but still block light from escaping.

Fatty...

P.S I already have the spider farmer Inline Intelligent vent, ducting, carbon filter etc mounted inside
    the grow tent and venting to the outside. I just need a way to deal with the fresh air side of things.

I just add a few feet of flex ducting and ensure it's kinked to prevent a direct line in. oh yeah - metallic still reflects the light in, but darker colour works great.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

I've been having good success using this cut to size... and can stick over the vent opening.
      Filters the air and cuts down some of the ambient light from directly going in...
      Search on google or amazon..
      Duck Brand Replacement Air Conditioner Foam Filter, 24-Inch x 15-Inch x 1/4-Inch, 1285234
      It is nice extra filter layer on any intake vents

Tents VIPARSPECTRA 3x3x6 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower)​ - 2x2x4 (veg)
      Lighting WILLS 3000w (550watts) - VIPARSPECTRA P2000 (230watts) & VA1000W burple (260watts) - FECiDA CR600 600W x3(80watts) (x3)
      HVAC & Automations VIVOSUN 4" 195CFM Blower w/ Carbon Filter (vented outside) Inkbird WiFi ITC-308 Temp controlled outlets, WiFi Smart Plug Outlets for timer functions; Mini Heater with analog controls (in tent) Mini Ultrasonic Fogger (in tent) BIG 50 pt. GE Dehumidifier w/ Built-in Pump (in LUNG room outside of tent; basement)
      Medium Coco Coir, Burpee Organic Soil & Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil & 3 Gallon Hydro DWC bucket setup
      Nutes Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cal-Mag -
      Planters 2,3,& 5 GAL Fabric Pots

Comment

I had a 6" elbow I painted flat black on the inside. The stuck it in from the inside of the tent pointing down. Then laid some black painted cardboard under it. Almost no light found it's way out.

Comment

you can buy a "light baffle for grow tents", they are the exact size i believe (never used one) Google it i am sure you will find..

Or you can build a light baffle box, something like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_154159.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	564592

Comment

My intake is near the floor against the outside wall. I would use a big blanket stuffed between the wall and upper half of the tent to block light from going up. I now only have a 6" collar with a screen on it and opened up the tent vent panel so without the blanket I was getting tons of light out and in the bedroom too.

But I turned on the central air and the register the vent is about 4 foot away behind a chest of drawers so all the cold air was getting sucked up into the tent. Drove the temp control crazy! Had to go round up another blanket.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X