Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Grow - Bag Seed - Mary Jane Blessed Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL 1st Grow - Bag Seed - Mary Jane Blessed Me?

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Long time smokin'.. First time growin';
    I found myself recently frequenting the site since Feb and my searches always had results with on point topics...
    What a great site and community cram packed with juicy bud growing info.
    I needed to be part of this!

This is my 1st post, first time growing, so I figured it should be a detailed one. and can say hello!
    (maybe it will help someone else, or provide a good read, future ref)

I'll start with equipment used:
    • Indoor Tent Garden
      • VIPARSPECTRA Grow Tent 36"x36"x72"
    • Lighting
      • VIPARSPECTRA Newest Dimmable 1000W LED Grow Light
      • FECiDA 600W Dimmable LED Grow Light CR600,
      • FECiDA 600W Dimmable LED Grow Light CR600,
    • Timers/Automation
      • Smart Plugs Compatible with Alexa and Google Home for Voice Control, Mini Smart Outlet WiFi Socket with Timer Function (used for HVAC, and lighting cycles etc)
    • Soil Medium /Potting
      • FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil
      • Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom (Pack of 3 - 32 oz. bottles)
      • Burpee, Premium Organic Potting Natural Soil Mix
      • Vivlly Compressed Coco Coir Bricks, 5 Pack
      • OPULENT SYSTEMS 5-Pack 5 Gallon Grow Bags Heavy Duty Aeration Fabric Growing Bag
      • OPULENT SYSTEMS 5-Pack 2 Gallon Heavy Duty Aeration Fabric Grow Bags
      • FIThome 5 Pack 3 Gallon Grow Bags with Handle Fabric Felt Pots
    • Tent HVAC
      • AC Infinity RAXIAL S4, Inline Booster Duct Fan 4” with Speed Controller
      • VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter Smelliness Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Duct Fan, Grow Tent, Pre-Filter Included, Reversible Flange
      • VIVOSUN 4 Inch 195 CFM Inline Duct Ventilation Fan Vent Blower
      • Mini Hygrometer Thermometer 2PCS Mini Digital Humidity Gauge, AikTryee
      • Inkbird WiFi ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Remote Monitoring
      • Mini Heater with analog controls
      • Mini Ultrasonic Fogger
      • TN TONNY Dual Head Clip Fan, 4 Inches Electric Car Clip Fans 360° Rotatable,12V Cooling Air Fan with Stepless Speed Regulation and Brushless Motor
      • Pohl Schmitt Electric Dehumidifiers for Home, 2200 Cubic Feet (225 sq ft) Portable Compact 17 oz Capacity Mini
    • Other Misc Accessories
      • PH Meter for Water Hydroponics Digital PH Tester Pen 0.01 High Accuracy Pocket Size with 0-14 PH Measurement Range
      • Soil PH Meter, Upgrade 3-in-1 Soil Teater Kit with Moisture, Light and PH Test,
      • VELCRO Brand VEL-30071-USA ONE-WRAP Garden Ties
      • Pllieay 20pcs 18 Inch Plant Stakes, Garden Stakes, Bamboo Stakes,
      • Hydrofarm HGBB3 3' Natural, pack of 25 Bamboo Stake, Tan
      • VIVOSUN Indoor Hydroponics LED Grow Room Glasses with Glasses Case

Seeds used:
    • Lilac Diesel (BAG SEED)
      • All 6 sprouted, All 6 germinated,
        • 2 plants were topped
          • 1 transplanted into 2gal fab pot
          • 1 transplanted into 5gal fab pot (this plant became humongous)
        • 2 plants were FIMed
          • 2 transplanted into 2gal fab pot
        • 2 plants were kept normal stock uncut
          • 1 transplanted into 2gal fab pot
          • 1 transplanted into 3gal fab pot
        • ALL 6 are Females
          • Mary Jane Blessed Me!?
          • I must be very lucky using bag seed
    Dang I was not expecting to have all 6 grow seemingly perfect and to all be females.
    I planted the 6 thinking I'd get maybe 2 or 3 females... that is not the case and I am in a "sea of green"...haha
    Since I was not expecting to have the tent be so crowded .. I'm sure that will hurt the individual plants yields.. but at same time.. overall yield might be greater.
    I have been moderately defoliating thru-out all the stages ... removing a lot of the large long stem fan leaf's.. but still keeping some of the big fans intact...
    I've been trying to just tuck the remaining big fan leaf's away or remove leafs covering buds... kind of hard to do when the tent is overcrowded... no choice but to ride it out.

Currently into week 5 of flowering..
    It is smelling very good so far

Does this all look good?
    Any suggestions thus far?

Thanks everyone..
    Tents VIPARSPECTRA 3x3x6 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower)​ - 2x2x4 (veg)
    Lighting WILLS 3000w (550watts) - VIPARSPECTRA P2000 (230watts) & VA1000W burple (260watts) - FECiDA CR600 600W x3(80watts) (x3)
    HVAC & Automations VIVOSUN 4" 195CFM Blower w/ Carbon Filter (vented outside) Inkbird WiFi ITC-308 Temp controlled outlets, WiFi Smart Plug Outlets for timer functions; Mini Heater with analog controls (in tent) Mini Ultrasonic Fogger (in tent) BIG 50 pt. GE Dehumidifier w/ Built-in Pump (in LUNG room outside of tent; basement)
    Medium Coco Coir, Burpee Organic Soil & Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil & 3 Gallon Hydro DWC bucket setup
    Nutes Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cal-Mag -
    Planters 2,3,& 5 GAL Fabric Pots

Looks really good. You sure did your homework lol. Congrats on 1st grow

Comment

• n1netyn1ne
      n1netyn1ne commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Beautiful flowers...looks really good. Your set up sounds like you spared no details with your equipment. Do you find much difference between the inkbird temp reading and the temp reading on your hygrometer? I have the AC controller 67 and there's about a 6 degree difference between mine. I've calibrated everything more than once. I've also got an inkbird digital hygrometer with a probe, connects to the iphone via bluetooth. Same thing. Vastly different readings from a hygrometer also sitting inside the tent. Just curious if you have ran into the same issue.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• n1netyn1ne
      n1netyn1ne commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!, I found, The Inkbird Temp with Wifi is awesome, I used it right out of the box.. without any calibration.. (I almost was going to calibrate it with a glass of icewater ..but didn't) it seemed more accurate than my stand alone temp/hygrometer.. but they all seem "in range" together ..maybe +-3degrees .. For me I trust my Inkbird reading more.. as it seems to poll the sensor for a fresh reading more frequently than my cheap temp/hygrometer.. I set the SV target temp 3 degrees higher than the temp I want... and it has been working awesome.. To get average temps, I also have temp readings at very top of tent and below canopy.. the inkbird probe is hanging down to bud level.

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      That's where I have my inkbird...about canopy high. I took out the probe and the magnet keeps it in the corner out of the way. I have never calibrated a hygrometer before now. I had a spell recently where I was doubting the readings because of poor air circulation. Turns out the pre-filter on my air scrubber was clogged. Changed that out and no more circulation problem, but still a difference in readings. However, thanks to the internet I now know how to 'calibrate' a hygrometer.

!Update!
    My First Grow
    Day 51 of Flowering (or Week 7 Flowering)

Buds have gotten fatter and plump...

However, Some top leaves have started to show some various symptoms, that I cannot pin point at this time.
    Burnt or browning edges and brown spots, 1 plant even has yellowing top leaves
    I was thinking overwater, or nutes issue, calcium deficiency or low root ph,
    (does the Tiger Bloom provide Calcium (bottle says it is derived from calcium and magnesium etc) or should I have specifically gotten CAL-MAG in addition to the Fox Farm Trio Growbig, TigerBloom and Big Bloom, I have FoxFarm Cal-Mag now but

Is it too late in the stage to attempt fixing these types of issues?
    I was planning to harvest around June 4 (that would be 9 weeks flowering)

The flowering time of this strain stated between 45-63 days

So I have been trying look at the trics
    A lot are milky but I'm still seeing some clear.. but also saw some amber.. its hard to tell, need a better loupe/ microscope..
    I took some tric pics below..
    and most of the hairs have turned orange and curled etc but some lower or smaller bud sites still have alot of white hairs (might be the trade off with the lower bud sites not fully developing ripening ..etc.

I also notice a seed growing in one of the flowers.. (shown in a pic... look in the burple bud pic.. you'll see it.. I cut it out.. it was a seed for sure..lol)
    Does that mean there is a banana or sac somewhere...

I guess overall not too bad... planted 6 beans ...got 6 females.. (maybe a late stage herm somewhere) .. could these still have been some kind of feminized bag seeds then?

I'm going to be watching the trics a bit more over the next day or so, maybe I should just start flushing and call it from there...

Thanks and Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Tents VIPARSPECTRA 3x3x6 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower)​ - 2x2x4 (veg)
    Lighting WILLS 3000w (550watts) - VIPARSPECTRA P2000 (230watts) & VA1000W burple (260watts) - FECiDA CR600 600W x3(80watts) (x3)
    HVAC & Automations VIVOSUN 4" 195CFM Blower w/ Carbon Filter (vented outside) Inkbird WiFi ITC-308 Temp controlled outlets, WiFi Smart Plug Outlets for timer functions; Mini Heater with analog controls (in tent) Mini Ultrasonic Fogger (in tent) BIG 50 pt. GE Dehumidifier w/ Built-in Pump (in LUNG room outside of tent; basement)
    Medium Coco Coir, Burpee Organic Soil & Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil & 3 Gallon Hydro DWC bucket setup
    Nutes Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cal-Mag -
    Planters 2,3,& 5 GAL Fabric Pots

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      If they were mine i wouldn't be concerned about the leaf color so much at this late in the stage of flowering. I would not add anything other than what your doing now as far as adding more cal. As they get within wks of harvest all the minerals are being sucked away by the plant to swell those buds, could of been just a hermi seed from stress? or not sure why.
      I personally quit feeding nutes by 3 wks before harvest and just give them 2 tablespoons of unsulfurated old fashioned molasses to 1gal of water when they look an feel dry. Then it's plain water as i don't think they drink as much at that stage. I just feed them water and allow the plant to eat whats stored inside them.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X