Dwc help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwc help

What do you guys think of my 5 gallon tote? 5 zkittlez clones under a sf4000. I normally do 1 plant per 5 gallon in a dwc. I always top it. I wanted to try let them grow about a foot. And cut off all the side branches , so I get vertical growth and get 5 tops. I know there not going to be big . Any suggestions on how I can make this work and get 5 single colas?
    Attached Files

Howdy Ryguy. I can't give you much advice about the manifolding (never had good results with it before), but I will definitely say "get rid of the clear tubing! and replace it with black or opaque tubing. The clear tubing will act as a 'light pipe' and allow light to get into the reservoir and allow algae to begin to grow, causing many probl4ems for the plants (root rot and mineral deficiencies). Otherwise, a very well-done setup.
    good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Its all in the training, cut off what u don't want and leave what you do want. Once u reach the desired vertical height, then flip them.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I wish you well looks like all your eggs are in one tote. I love dwc but when things go wrong it happens quick. I also imagine one plants roots will hog the air stone impacting the others. Ditto on the clear tubes
        “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
        ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Howdy cybersmib. On the 'other side of the coin' when problems do occur, they can be corrected quickly by draining, flushing (if needed), and starting a fresh (try that with soil! L.OL).
          Last edited by DW2; 05-10-2022, 01:48 PM. Reason: sp4lling

10 days later. Not really sure how tall I should let them go. I'm getting the black airlines tommorow. If I let them all grow a foot. Should I cut off everything in the middle were they meet?.

Comment

DW2 I agree about the ability to do the quick fix (although I haven’t caught mine in time). My concern would be with all 5 plants in one rez. you riski losing them all. I grow in 5 gallon buckets. If one has a problem it helps keep it isolated. Also I envision all the roots and air stones tangling up
          “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
          ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy cybersmib. Are You 'feeding' all of the buckets from a common reservoir, or do You feed them (and change out the nutrient mix, etc.) individually? I have been starting five seedlings in each of my reservoirs (totes or planters) and usually loose a couple of plants either because they are naturally 'runts' or they get shaded out by their more robust neighbors. The roots always surround the air stones and water pump no matter what I have tried (so far, the battle continues! LOL!)
            In the long run, do what works best for You (and, of course, the plants!).
            Good luck with Your grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X