Help First time grower trying NY legal 3+3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help First time grower trying NY legal 3+3

Hi. I've just started growing my first three "legal in NY" plants. I'm got Whiskey Zulu auto flower in my closet, this is day sixteen. I'm growing in the closet to isolate the plants from all the other plants (and their issues) throughout the rest of the house.

I got some small spots after I sprayed the leaves with orchid fertilizer a few days ago. I won't do that again. But today I noticed the very tips of one plant's leaves discolored and bent down. I've been stingy with the nutes other than the orchid spritz. I have been watering with 1/3 strength 12-4-8 every two or three days for the last week. My soil is "organic" and I added no fertilizer other than what might have been in the original plugs that I started the seedlings in.

I have three LED shop lights about 18" over the plants running 24 how a day plus a fan blowing around the enclosure. I'm seeing vigorous growth. Being a worrying kind of guy I'm concerned that things are about to go vigorously wrong. I'm fighting my tendency to over water by keeping a log. I'm working on calibrating my PH meter so I can do the water right but I think I have a problem starting and I don't know what to do about it other than to ask for help. Thank you, yes I know that I write too much!
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

They look healthy. The soil does looks a little damp. It’s best to learn to water by weight instead of every so many days. When the container is really light then give them water. They also like temps mid to upper 70’s with humidity mid 60’s when young
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-06-2022, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Your soil looks a little wet to me. Recently having had a similar problem I learned when the leaf tips turn down the plant doesn't like something. I can't tell from the pics, on the plants with the damaged leaves, are they dark green on the tips that are turned down? You might think about lowering your fertilizer to about a 1/4 maybe less and watch them. I'm growing autos and am finding out less is more with them. And it's really easy to overwater...I learned that the hard way. But it's also easy to get it right.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Bboy, another thing I'm trying to figure out - is three harvested with three on the way enough? I've the land to grow three marijuana trees if I have to but I like the control I have over the environment in my closet for my first grow.

Just so people realize the laws in NY concerning home cultivation are NOT yet in effect. It is illegal to grow in NY unless you just received one of the recently awarded commercial licenses (last week). https://cannabis.ny.gov/adult-use click on HOME CULTIVATION. The way it is worded it is still possible we never get to legally grow. SO...having said all of that, yes I do grow. Yes, I'm in NYS. No, I do not have a med card (nor will I ever due to keeping the state out of my tent). We were led down the path by the politicians once again. There are exactly five people who know I grow. Why? Because it is illegal!

I jumped in to point out all of this negative crap not to be a jerk but to make one simple point. If you think you're legal growing in NYS (pro tip: you're not) and your post clearly shows this, then you need to keep the lip zipped. No talking to others about your "legal" grow, etc.

And in yet another political roundabout it IS legal to consume and possess small amounts. But it is illegal to sell any of your product (and I believe it is illegal to even give any to someone as that is "distribution") and it is still illegal to buy it. If I can't buy it then how do I get any to possess? I can't legally grow, or purchase but I can legally consume even though I must break laws to procure it.

Meanwhile I'm cleaning my tent today while my Sour Diesel, Seedsman Blueberry and Seedsman Sunset finish up curing. Just sayin' be careful. The Rockefeller laws are always in the back of my head.
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in a illegal state. Still, if I was in a legal state if probably still be considered illegal by their standards because I’m going to grow what I want. Once weed becomes normalized coast to coast and more people start to use it the government will crack down on homegrows and it will need to be purchased from a government ran and expensive facility. I enjoy ordering seeds and growing/trying different strains while I can but everyone needs to learn how to clone their favorite strains before they crack that whip

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        You are right, I'm performing a totally insignificant act of civil disobedience. The grow your own (medical) rules went into yet another 45 day comment period May 14th after "they" took two months to review only 180 comments to the last one. I'm sick of it and don't have the money to keep dropping a few hundred a month at the dispensary. My problem. I'm not encouraging anyone to break the law. But I am taking a head start. I intend to follow the 3+3 restriction and to see if it's enough to satisfy a medical need and, if it exists, discover minimalistic ways for me to grow (just) three plants vs versus established best practices for grow tents and commercial operations.

A guy eight miles north of got one of the first provisional grow licence and he thinks he's going to be able to retail it too. I think this will spell the end of medical dispensaries. Mine tells me that there will be people that will feel more comfortable if their thc is prescribed by a doctor. Maybe but will that sustain the medical industry? I don't think so.

So no I don't say this is legal but rather this is what the law says indoor home cultivation might be like. This is important because with only three plants a crop failure will be devastating to supply of a medical need. There will be an explosion of people seeking help with their 3+3 in the next few months. I am open about what I'm doing with my local nursery. They say their suppliers tell them they are stocking typical products for cultivation. I've seen many products mentioned on the net on their shelves so they are getting ready any time now.
        On the contrary, I am talking to everyone about it. The local hardware chain was a big hydro section in their catalog and the this tell me they expect it to be huge income for smaller, not big box, hardware stores. Be confident that it is happening but I agree they seem to be going as slowly as possible. A big hang up was where will you get seeds or clones and the latest revision will allow dispensaries to sell seeds (and clones) was it they would have any incentive to sell them. I think the feds obviated that issue by declaring that seeds probably aren't controlled substances.

So, I hope I'm not violating posting guidelines because *that* is behavior I'm willing to change.

90Gizmo you’ll find if you run 3 plants continuously indoors you’ll have more weed than you’ll know what to do with in a year if you stick to photos. Autoflowers will just piss you off

I have the best success not getting my veg plants backed up if I use my veg tent to dry the current harvest then start my new round of plants once everything is in jars. I usually give the plants a week in the flower tent to get used to that light and increase the power some before flipping to 12/12
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-07-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Bboy thanks. Last I tried to grow was 30 years ago and I never got bag seed to grow more than a foot tall. So I went into this thinking my first attempt would fail and I'd learn my lessons faster with auto flower. Everything about photo stains makes more sense to me and I'm sure I'll end up going that way in the end.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          My first grow was 3 photos, the yield lasted me over a year.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X