Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Leaves...Is this from overwatering? What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Leaves...Is this from overwatering? What do you think?

Hi Guys,

First time grower. I think I have overwatered my plants. What do you think? Is there any coming back from this?

Plant is droopy, one is getting spots, leaves gone yellow.

I've been watering each day until I see water coming out of the bottom of the pot.

Fatty

Well yes you are luving them to death, lift the pots and water when they are lite.
    Further whats the PH of the soil? Water? Runoff?
    The soil looks to be heavy with undecayed organic mater, what is in the pots?

Comment

Big pot+lot of water+little plant = trouble. I go in three stages. 16 oz cup>5 qt>3,5 gal

And the 16 oz cup is really too big IMHO for seedlings. Probably better start in 8oz.>16oz. Clear cups make it easy to see when the roots have filled the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
        Well yes you are luving them to death, lift the pots and water when they are lite.
        Further whats the PH of the soil? Water? Runoff?
        The soil looks to be heavy with undecayed organic mater, what is in the pots?
        I have lifted the pots a few days ago, the pots were quite heavy. Im just using a seedling potting mix
        that I bought from the local hardware store.

Not sure of the PH of the soil, but the water PH is 6.4 and it has a light solution seaweed based liquid fertiliser.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Berries View Post
          Big pot+lot of water+little plant = trouble. I go in three stages. 16 oz cup>5 qt>3,5 gal

And the 16 oz cup is really too big IMHO for seedlings. Probably better start in 8oz.>16oz. Clear cups make it easy to see when the roots have filled the cup.
          Should I repot into some coco/pearlite and smaller pots? Is there coming back from this?

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I say you overwatered it. Hope you did not give them any nutrients cuz they are too young yet.

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            Let them sit and recover. If you repot now you'll kill them probably.

Yes they have had some nutrients also.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X