Humidity wont drop below 50% easily plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity wont drop below 50% easily plz help

In a 48”x48”x80” tent i got 5 plants in 10 gal fabric pots and ac infinity cloudline 6” ventilation sys. In flower week 3 n water 3 quarts every 3rd day. Humidity has been 62%-56%. If i get a small humidifier for inside of tent how many oz of water or gal does it need to extract per day?

I think most place them in the lung room outside the tent and condition the air going into the tent.

Comment

You have 50 gallons of damp soil inside your tent. Something to consider when planning future grows. For now put a dehumidifier in the room your air comes from and set it as low as the setting allows. You’re going to need bone dry air coming in with that much moisture already in the tent

Comment

Buy a room dehumidifier based on the size of your room. On another note. Based on the size on your tent, there is no reason to use 10 gal. Pots. 5 gallon will be more than adequate. You're just wasting soil.

Comment

Raise the air temp if you can. The RH will drop.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Berries View Post
            Raise the air temp if you can. The RH will drop.
            I think hotter air holds onto more moisture, raising the humidity higher.
            4x4
            Bubbly rdwc
            ES300s
            Cold water
            GH flora
            Mistakes

Comment

As temperature rises the air expands and more room between molecule to hold water vapor. If no moisture is added the humidity always goes down with air temp increase. It's why humidity rises when the lights go out andtemp drops.

On my flower tent right now it's starts to run hot (84F) near the end of the day. So I turn on a humidifier to get the humidity up to around 71% and this keeps the fan running, temp below 84F and VPD right around 1.10.

Comment

• golfnrl
                golfnrl commented
                Editing a comment
                Trying to pay attention to VPD has my temps and RH higher than I'm used to but the plants like it. 2absolute2purity2 One thing I have learned the hard way is to check the pre-filter for your extractor fan. If its clogged up the fan can't vent the tent. I'm assuming you have a charcoal filter on the extractor? How do you have your AC Infinity fan set up? It should handle that tent size no problem.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X