Ready for harvest? Trichome pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Ready for harvest? Trichome pics

Getting close to harvest and I would appreciate any opinions or advice. These ladies are approaching week 7.
    Thanks in advance Click image for larger version

Name:	682418A8-F5E7-496C-80B5-2342485BD6C7.jpeg
Views:	455
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	563506Click image for larger version

Name:	513CE06F-1597-435D-B278-E4CB64353F0F.jpeg
Views:	377
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	563507Click image for larger version

Name:	0F57B63E-63EB-4699-8784-80AD3A9BC98B.jpeg
Views:	385
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	563508Click image for larger version

Name:	D5CF80BA-7B8A-41DD-81C1-898AA7CDD514.jpeg
Views:	372
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	563509Click image for larger version

Name:	878B4A70-81EC-42DA-A4B0-C702E7D8C436.jpeg
Views:	373
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	563510

Still a lot of clear trics. Wait another few weeks.That was the first pic. Others are to blurred for me.
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Depends on what you want Zooter , if you like a paranoid racy high, then now is fine, if you want the max THC then you want all them trics to be milky, if you want sleep/couch lock then go for lots of amber (30% or more). Each one takes longer than the one before, I myself like lots of amber.

Comment

Thanks ! Just saw this. Yes, I read the tutorials about the timing of the trics and the resulting effects. Iโ€™m just having trouble identifying cloudy vs clear. We want the max thc, Thanks for the replies, looks like we a ways to go yet !
        Thanks very much ๐Ÿ˜Ž !

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not where you want them to be yet but there are more amber-tinged trichs now. At least another week?

Thanks, appreciate your opinion, first grow and of course we canโ€™t wait to harvest. Trying to be patient, they are in the beginning of week 7 so close but not quite? Iโ€™ll keep watching. Guess Iโ€™m having trouble telling cloudy from clear. Should I wait until some look amber
        Thanks again for all the advice everyone ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

I dont think you will get 100% milky, I would say wait until you see maybe up to 10% amber on the buds not the leaf.

Comment

Thanks, at least I have a better idea of what Iโ€™m looking for. Appreciate it !๐Ÿ˜Š
            BTW, strains of the first pics two are purple urkle/ fallen soldiers. The last two are from unknown seeds

Comment

As white as snow as possible, usually week 8 - 9 Indica, 10 - 12 weeks Sativa. I picked my sativa at week 9 (yes it's seems early BUT it turned out the best I had grown). I also have usb microscope and really got a good look at what I had. Again though, it just depends on what kind of buzz you want so you have to decide how far you can push until that 1 amber trichome appears.Click image for larger version

Name:	Mon Dec 20 12-35-50.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	563701
              Attached Files

Comment

NuggetMan , thanks ! Great pics. So did you harvest after these pics ? I think some of our girls are looking like that now.
                Appreciate it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’จ

Comment

• Puglover1
                  Puglover1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Zooter You want amber trichs on the bud not just the leaves for the effect you said you want (same as I want). You can harvest the bigger, higher up branches or colas and let the rest mature longer, if you have a drying area. It's hard to be patient, but it's worth it.

• NuggetMan
                  NuggetMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  my 2 cents... once amber begins to show, you buds have already started to chemically change the thc to cbd, cbn. the "downer" side to thc. So here is where you have to decide: up and alert or sacked back in the couch. The more amber you have the higher the cbd,cbn and lower thc potency.

it's a 50/50 call!

• Puglover1
                  Puglover1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Zooter said in a different thread that he wanted couch lock.

Thanks for the advice. We decided to harvest the two from the unknown seeds and itโ€™s a good thing. They are hermies !! Donโ€™t think they released any pollen yet but they out of grow re
                room, trimmed and drying . One plant Click image for larger version

Name:	8961CF79-BE5E-47C7-ACC9-C2CB5AD7CA5C.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	563725

Comment

• Puglover1
                  Puglover1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If they are female plants, then as someone replied on another of your posts they won't produce pollen, they'll produce free seeds if matured. They look female, when it's time let me know how the affect is.

Good to know, so there really isnโ€™t any worry about the other plants !
                Great, they have a ways to go yet
                Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

Well, on close inspection this morning we realized that all the ladies are hermies ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Either we lost control of the environment in the room when it started to get warmer outside or we screwed up the nutes. The two purple urkle / fallen soldiers are ready to harvest anyway, but the remaining plants still need some time to finish. Donโ€™t know whether to harvest all of them or wait a little longer on a few. I leaning towards harvesting them all.
                  We learned a lot for the next grow, this was our first. I think super soil is the next step for us in the fall. Canโ€™t keep the room cool enough in the summer.
                  Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to lend advice ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
                  Z.

Comment

So sorry that this happened. It's possible it was the genetics as well that this happens. I just went thru this myself with this grow and lost 2 ladies. the strange thing is they only showed up in the middle of the branch. Everything else looked really sweet. but since this does happen, it changes the whole composition of the plant, as I found out doing research on this issue. Bottom line is it can be o.k. smoke but probably not worth the trouble. I just eliminated these 2 from my room. Light, stress also can affect this triggering the change as well as temp and humidity. depending on where you live this is where you have to "adapt" to your conditions.

I use a small bedroom as my grow area, has a ceiling fan for air circulation and I keep all 3 important issues right within "target" ranges, can't do no better than that. I also use 4x t8 shop lights for a total of 16 tubes in use using 6500k for vegging then switch to 2700k for flower. Out of all my grows I went thru 3 that this happened to me. 1 fully seeded and the smoke was like back in the day "commercial" as we called it or old school weed. The other 2 I didn't waste my time with them as to take no chances with my others.

You can make a cheap a/c unit with an old not used bucket or ice chest, some ducting, and a small fan to at least reduce the room temp if too hot, saw this on youtube.

oh, 1 last thing, this they will produce pollen and release to lower flowers thus seeding to reproduce but this carries on to the next seed. I don't like it myself but nothing you can do, bummer.
                    Last edited by NuggetMan; 05-04-2022, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks, We have a portable air conditioner as well as a dehumidifier and have been keeping the environment really close to guidelines. I wonder if the LED indicator lights on them was enough light to cause it ?

Comment

• Puglover1
                        Puglover1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My first grow was from 3 seeds found in my favorite dispo strain. Had to be hermies, all 3 were females. Not sure if it was Rwise who commented, he makes seeds. Said that hermies on a female plant don't have pollen, he said if they produced seeds they'd be fems not regs. I found one non-viable seed in that first grow, it was a loong grow.

Last summer I froze empty Powerade bottles with water, switched them out during the daytime to keep temps in range in my closet. With my new lights I had no heat struggles on the next attempted grow.

The LED indicator is on most panels, don't think that can do it.

• NuggetMan
                        NuggetMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You MUST HAVE total darkness, no light leakage at all. The only light that will not affect your plants is a green light. Anything other than that can cause this to possibly happen. I have to cover my cable box/gateway because of white light, my printer has a red flashing light where the ethernet cable plugs in so I turn it off at night. Blacked out the bedroom window with black construction paper for complete darkness, no light at all.

I actually have seen the pollen from the male part that had fallen onto a couple of buds below with this last grow under magnifying glass and that's when I knew it was over for sure.

• NuggetMan
                        NuggetMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        IF the color of the LED display is blue or red, there's the problem, and it does not have to be very bright either. Solution, cover it up at night or turn it off completely.

Thanks@NuggetMan, I had a feeling it was the led on the dehumidifier which is white. We sat in the room with the door shut, lights off and it was surprising how bright it is. Live and learn ๐Ÿ™„

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X