Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph

Does anyone know why my ph water need to be adjusted between watering

You do not say what you water source is. My tap water can vary by +/- .5 pt. It also depends on what you are adding to the water as well as the cleanliness of your water container. From what I have seen, most grow problems that are not disease or pest related stem from poor ph management and not specific nutrients. The ph of the runoff water is every bit as important as the input water. If the runoff is plus or minus on your ph target, you can adjust the ph of the input on the next watering. Without both measurements you risk problems. It's a lot less work and stress to do the measuring up front than it is to correct a possible problem later.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If using newly-purchased gallon or liter bottles of water pH'd to current need would they remain stable for very long or vary much? Thinking ahead ...

Howdy marti, the pH will normally fluctuate and change as the plants take up the nutrients. After all, it is the addition of the nutrients into the water that changes the pH to start with (assuming the water is at pH 7.0). I do not recommend 'chasing' the pH up and or down during the weekly feeding schedule because different nutrients are taken up by the plants at different pH levels, so by maintaining a steady pH level, in theory, could restrict the uptake of other nutrients causing undesired results. Back in my early grows, I nearly killed off my plants by 'chasing' and trying to maintain a steady pH of 6.0. I now only set the pH (around 6.0) at the start of the week when I feed the plants, top off with water (at 6.0 pH) at the mid=week, and check the pH (runoff) when I drain the reservoir at the end of the week, to see how much the pH rises (the higher it goes, the more nutrients are taken up by the plants). This system has been doing well for my DWC grows.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Lets say your using lemon juice to lower your PH (since you dont tell us what you use or which way your adjusting), in this case you need to adjust the PH let it set 12-24 hours and test it again as it will change.
      But if your using sulfuric acid it is not likely to change as much.
      We also dont have any idea if you use soil, hydro or some off world type of grow, we need details marti

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X