Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto watering system, PHed plain water or nutrient water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto watering system, PHed plain water or nutrient water?

I'm gonna get some of the blumat things from the article on the site and I'm wondering if I should set it up with plain water or nutrient water? I grow in coco coir with perlite. I know plain water every other time is recommended and what I do now but I'm going away.....
    Seedsman Northern Light auto in DIY coco coir, 250W MH bulb, GH nutrients/CaliMagic in a 4 x 2 x 6 foot tent, 18/6. Put in coco: 12/22/21. 2/23/22 changed to 12/12 and 250W Super HPS bulb

How long are you going to be away? Build two systems or grow in DWC with an auto water system.

SwitchH2O

~Retired, High and nothing else better to do but grow and golf!
    Cheers,
    SwitchH2O
    8” powered outtake with 6” Carbon Filter (NVP)
    RDWC 4x 5gal with 1x 5gal reservoir (17.5g)
    Rockwool starter (Supersoak) with clay pellet medium
    G. H. Flora 10-Part Professional Series
    Last grow - White Tahoe Cookies - Currently out being tested for THC/CBD and terpene profile.

CURRENTLY GROWING
    Sowing Godfather OG, Green Crack and Gelato
    All feminized

UPCOMING…
    Mainlining/Manifold for next grow…

Comment

Yeah, how long? I'd probably go halfers on the nutes if for very long.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I'll be away about 4 days....so you suggest nutrient water at half strength from what's recommended even though what's recommended is already diluted?
        Seedsman Northern Light auto in DIY coco coir, 250W MH bulb, GH nutrients/CaliMagic in a 4 x 2 x 6 foot tent, 18/6. Put in coco: 12/22/21. 2/23/22 changed to 12/12 and 250W Super HPS bulb

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          For 4 days I'd just want them watered at the correct pH, if you feed before you leave and feed when you get back I wouldn't worry too much. They'd miss one nute watering. Because you do every other I just thought to split the difference. Half of the pkg/bottle recommendations is what many growers do regularly. I haven't had a chance to read that auto watering newsletter article yet.

Smart thinkin....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X