Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need help

Someone PLEASE help my save my 5th week of flowering plants. I got sick for 2 days and this happened. I had just gone up in nutes. Water is 6.5. Used dyna-bloom and cal-mag. In Soil. Please help!

My guess is nutrient lockout due to bad pH at root zone. You are watering at the right pH, but have you measured the runoff pH? Sometimes they can be quite different. If the runoff pH is ok, then you may not be feeding enough bloom nutes.

Comment

Thank you. I'll test the runoff. I actually just went up from 1 tsp of Dyna-Bloom to 1 1/4 tsp. I was wondering if that was the reason for this...or can it drying out a couple days do it? I was very sick in the bed.

Comment

• Gluteous
        Gluteous commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, not just a couple days. They'd have a diff look. Like,super dry.

Ten days in the hospital, emergency. Crispy, brown, limp but no spots. Click image for larger version

Name:	TheEnd.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	561582
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL good point !!

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal - it came in good for something, lol! Who's gonna get growing again first - me or you?

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Puglover1 shoot i can't say when i will put up my tents or just a tent? Bought a small 2br house not moved yet in a couple weeks i will. Got a great yard though and a garage. I will definitely run some outdoors that's where i get the most amounts it last me still i got 5jars left. Maybe by next fall? Indoor gotta get the space figured out indoors?

Looks like PH issue to me, hold it tween 6.5 and 6.8, whats the runoff PH with the 6.5 in? And do you PH after the nutes are added?

Comment

Because I paniced and flooded them with water, I have not watered more to do the run-off ph yet. I have well water and it stays between 6.5 & 6.8. And that is before nutes. Sounds like you're suggesting I check ph AFTER I add nutes. I will do that now too. Thank you so much!!

Comment

• Gluteous
          Gluteous commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly. My water is perfect AFTER adding nutes. I have to PH down when using straight water.

Yes PH needs to be the last step before pouring.
        One thing I suggest to those with wells is test it annually at least, we just dont know what the oil people have put down there. My well water is slimy and is now acidic setting in that lime layer (should be alkaline), but it PHed at 5.4. I am prepping some concrete to go down it. Another well I have the water is orange (shallow well), another is sulfur (very deep well some 5000 feet plugged at 450), and one that was good last time it was used (shallow well about 25 feet). Other wells here came out with salt, and 1 they told them to plug it, never use it. These wells are not far apart.

Comment

WOW!! Just tested straight well water runoff. No nutes added. Runoff is at 5.8. I'm shocked too because I tested before pouring water into soil and it was 6.3. I haven't tested in a while because it was always so consistent. I didn't know this could happen with well water!
          Another, question since I just flooded the plants with water should I allow them to dry back out, or go ahead with another round of water at...say 7 (?) after nutes? Or lower?

Comment

Definitely needs to come up, in veg run 6.2-6.5 in flower run 6.5-6.8. You could add some dolomite lime as a PH up buffer (the plant needs this anyway)
            Me myself and I would go ahead and flush them with, well 7.0 will do, and read the runoff again.
            If you have not had the well tested, with the PH change IMHO you need to. For your safety.

Comment

Well that's scary!! What will it do to us? What is IMHO? I have kids who drink pretty much nothing but our water. I flushed again at 6.8-6.9 AFTER adding nutes. The run-off was still crazy. It was 5.6. I just don't understand what is going on with the well stuff.
              And does the dolomite lime go on top of soil? Or mixed with nutes and water. I am so grateful for all you guys helping me to understand this stuff! Thank you!!

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                In My Humble Opinion = IMHO. The lime does not get mixed with liquid nutes. I put some in my soil medium when filling pots.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                You can work the dolomite into the surface, not to deep. Then when you water the plant will find it and do what it needs.

Lol! See how "hip" I am, puglover1! Thank you guys for all your deep knowledge and sharing it with me. I so appreciate it!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X