Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light vs. Tent

Hi everyone!!!

Getting ready for my third grow and want to move up to a light that has LM301B diodes.

My first grow was in a 3x3 ft tent with three plants and a blurple light made for a 3x3 ft flowering area. Things went well, but I had no room to add/maneuver humidifiers fans, etc.

For my next grow, I bought a 4x4 ft tent and grew 4 plants (See pics). This gave me room to maneuver and add multiple humidifiers during the dry Chicago winter. I used the same light that was rated a 3x3 ft flowering area for both grows.

So, here's my questionโ€ฆ

If the 3-4 plants are only occupying a 3x3 ft area in a 4x4 ft tent, should I get a light that covers the entire tent area or will the smaller 3x3 ft light do the trick?

More light the better, especially considering light can be reflected. Sure, it may do the trick, but more surface area definitely wouldn't hurt. Do what your finances allow.
    Have some fun. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)โ€‹

Comment

I assume you understand light burn very well because your setup looks professional, so negating that worry (because you seem to know what could potentially happen), I'd still opt for more coverage if possible.
      Have some fun. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)โ€‹

Comment

Also, I thought monsters lived under the bed, not in grow tents. Great work dude!
        Have some fun. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)โ€‹

Comment

Thanks Gjourney101! I am thinking that the Mars-Hydro TS 3000 will do the trick.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X