Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Tacoing top leaves and red stems White widow Soil

Hello everyone,
    Is this a thing to get worried? the red stems been there for a while, tryed to fix it wilth callmag but they kept red..
    yesterday my leaves started to "tacoing", i raised the light 5cm and dimmed it down to 80%, but the symptoms endured to today..
    these photos were taken today outside of the grow at lights on..

She looks stunted, i started inducing flowering on March 15..

My thermo hygrometer is under the light at same high of the top of the plant and doesnt show temps above 80ºF, it marks from 68ºF night time and peaks at 79ºF during day time.

I am trying not to write a dissertation here, i can give more info.. i got many stuff written..

Sorry for my english, hope any of you can help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220331_210123.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	561303Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220331_210249.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	561299Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220331_210238.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	561300Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220331_210338.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	561301Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220331_210323.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	561302Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220331_210123.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	561304
    Attached Files

They're not showing any signs of high heat or light burn from my perspective. Could be genetic. Check out the posting about this issue here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/what-ca...annabis-plants
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

The plants look good to me and the tacoing appears minimal. I too had some purple stems on my white widow grow. The man site explains this could be due to light exposure and not necessarily a problem especially if you are not seeing signs of a phosphorus deficiency on your older leaves.

Comment

Thanks guys, i do overthink stuff i have to admit it.. I spoke to a friend of mine today, he told me that the only issue he saw on the photos was a little nitrogen toxicity, and that i should just water for the next week or so..

I have been alternating watering and feeding when the top soil is dry (every 3 to 4 days).. Should i just water more often?

Comment

Wow what issues besides the one you are creating in your head? Red stems can be genetic as in no matter what you do they are there. 79 is hot for flower. Why did you try using cal mag to fix the issue? From almost every post it seems or one would think calmag is the issue and the solution to everything but it’s not. Cold nights will do that, su light will do that. Many things. I would use kelp and soak the roots. That will help with any deficiency if any and will also help with heat stress and it will also help with flowers. Just saying.

Comment

Thanks for the input! Well internet is kinda tricky, i try to search the symptoms by googling them and looking at the images which can induce me in error most of the times..
            I have done maybe 4 attempts at growing and havent gone so well, before that my knowledge about gardening was nule..
            I will search about kelp at my grow store. I have an old seaweed bottle, would it do the job? Or do i specifically need kelp?

​​​​​​Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.. Its really pleasant to get real peoples advices instead of browsing internet for what i think is a problem..

Comment

Alik92 it will help, though I prefer kelp meal. I grow in soil so soaking the kelp meal over night to water my plants is what I do. Kelp meal has all the elements on the chart. Plus natural plant growth hormones. Just a couple things in the many benefits of kelp. I use Thorvin kelp meal. To grow high quality cannabis you just need a good soil and water properly. The less you do the better.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X