Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedlings 🌱 and light distance

Need an advice please.
    How far in height to hang a T5 Maxbrighte Lightwave above the dome? Also I have LED'S on both sides. I'm asking cos I noticed that the light produces to much heat inside of the dome about CΒ°29
    Seedlings 🌱 sprouted 3 days ago.

​​​​​​​Thank you

29c or 85F is much to hot, especially under a dome. Domes are for clones not seedlings. I would suggest removing sooner rather than later and get some air circulation going. . As for light distance for the first 5 days from sprout, I dim my seed starter light (Mars TS 1000) to 75w at 18" then go to150w at 24." After 2 weeks they go under the big light ( 380-450w) @ 30." This works for me with my lights and grow environment

Comment

• Rascal
      Rascal commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems I was provided with wrong advice on how to grow from seeds.... I removed the lid and keeping seedlings in a tent. What about humidity? I keeping 95% at the moment and temperature at 25 cΒ° light distance 20inc
      Thank you very much for an advice πŸ™

I keep my T5 about 2" above the seedlings. Some guides say up to 4" above the plant. No dome.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24 ​
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity ​6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Rascal
      Rascal commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean 2inc above the top of the seedlings?
      Thanks

You can refer to this VPD chart for optimum temperature and humidity at different stages in growth. In your case, at 25c or 77f you would strive for a humidity range of 70-80%.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Sino
      Sino commented
      Editing a comment
      Oo thanks for this.

I keep my freshly sprouted seeds under a dome for a day or three during that critical tap root growing phase but after that they are open. The lights are always pretty far away, like 20-24". Trying to mimic the natural state in which a seed grows through the debris and leaf clutter on the ground.

Comment

Rascal Yes, above the top of the seedling.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24 ​
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity ​6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I use a Mars Hydro ts2000, it said ti run it 54" (inches) above seedlings at up to 100% (covers 5 feet by 5 feet) which is what I do when I grow inside.

Comment

The good advice above is all sound and it looks like you've already adjusted.

With that said, do yourself a favor Rascal and download the free version of the Photone app for your cell phone. It will allow you to accurately measure the amount of light delivered to your plants in either PPFD or DLI units. No more guessing.

Seedlings: 100 - 300 PPFD
          Veg: 300 - 600 PPFD
          Flower: 600 - 900 PPFD

If you are of a nerdy persuasion, search for Dr. Bugbee's tutorials on youtube.
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X