Organic salts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic salts

I recently talked to a fellow grower and he mentioned he had stopped using soil completely and had switched to hydroponics using organic salts. Has anyone else done this? Judging by the quality and quantity of his first harvest, it is well worth it! Thinking it's time to upgrade the green room! Anyone else....😎

Hola, hydroponics is a cool way of growing that’s been around forever. Organic salts is just a different method of using nutrients compared to mineral salts. Organic salts have carbon and have to be broken down to be used by the plants, while mineral salts are already broken down (in a way) and readily available for the plant to use. (I think)
    4x4
    Bubbly rdwc
    ES300s
    Cold water
    GH flora
    Mistakes

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy Sino, You are correct. That is why hydroponics is faster, One does not have to wait for the organisms in the soil to break down the nutrients so that the plant can use them. If One uses the 'organic salts', then it would take longer for the plants to gain the benefits from them. In my opinion, just use the mineral salts to begin with.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X