Nebula coco grow journals - Question on methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebula coco grow journals - Question on methods

Hey everyone, pretty new grower here been at it about a year previously doing super soil grows. I got sick of any gnats at all as tent is in our bedroom so I decided to switch to coco and try replicating any of nebulas numerous grow journals. The main question I have is around watering/ how you utilize your coco.
    1. are you treating it like soil in your journals or are you treating it like hydro with high frequency fertigation?
    2. I am asking mainly becase it seemed for me the nutrient amounts in the journals using dyna gro were way to low for me (1 - 1 1/4 tsp per gallon). But I think my issue may have been the way I was watering as I was trying high frequency watering and doing tons of monitoring of runoff Ec/input ec. Also think I watered to much when small. I have found I needed like 1.5 tsp per gallon of foliage pro during veg, and close to two teaspoon of bloom to get target ec in my mixed water.

would I not have to worry about all this as much if I treated more like soil? How do you all use your coco? Just trying to understand how it is done in Nebulas grow journals. In addition when using dyna gro foliage pro and bloom do I also need cal mag in coco? (I have been using it). I really like the no bugs in coco, but watering twice a day to runoff and draining runoff is too much.

currently growing three autos in a 4x2x5 with kingbrite 3500k

thanks in advance and for all the info on the site. It has been such a wealth of knowledge.
    Last edited by Smeagol108; 03-27-2022, 07:12 PM.

I've grown in dwc, rdwc, soil, and coco over the years.
    Coco is an inert media that will not provide any nutrients, so you MUST treat it like a hydro system.
    I run Jacks 3-2-1 @ 1.6ec throughout the run with great results.
    As long as the coco is properly buffered before use, you shouldn't need to add extra Mg if the nute mix is properly balanced.
    I use 3 gal bags and because I'm pretty lazy, I fertigate the plants once a day with a couple of liters of solution to provide some runoff.
    I only run coco in my pheno tent, so it's not too labor-intensive, but if I was going to use this as the main system, I would automate the fertigation to do 3-4 smaller feeds during the day.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I use GH trio with calmag following the GWE coco schedule. Calmag all the way until flush before chop. I started with the fertigation method, and quickly found that the multiple watering schedule per day was unnecessary. I settled on once per day in the morning, with a water flush on Tuesday and Friday. Sometimes when it is hot they will require some water in the afternoon. In addition to being easier, there was reduced problems with excessive humidity. Not telling you what to do, that is my experience.This year I will be experimenting with watering every other day.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thanks to you both for your experiences. When you say a water flush on tuesdays and Thursday’s do you mean just water those days? Or does this mean just water and a lot more than normal? And the rest of the days when you are fertigating are you still doing to 10/20 percent runoff?

Comment

Just plain ph'd water, same amount to achieve 10-20% runoff, for both nutes and water feedings. The GWE schedule says to use water every other feeding. I adjusted that to twice a week because that what I wanted to do.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X