Plz help plant height and trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plz help plant height and trimming

My GDP has got quite tall is now 24” from soil surface to top leaves. My plants are all in 10 gal fabric pots on elevators so from bottom of tent to tallest plant tops is 38”. In a 48”(W)x48”(L)x80”(H). When should i top? When should i prune and can anyone point me in the right direction on where they learned to trim? Link to a YouTube vid or article to read u recommend? Ive never trimmer or topped at all yet whole grow. They are 5-6 weeks into veg. i shoulda grow journaled better.

OUTLINE OF MY RUN:
    1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? A: Indoor 48x48x80” tent 5 plants only.
    2. Origin of seeds? A: Gdp, harlequin, Pineapple Express #2, platinum og.
    3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? A: Fems. photoperiods 18/6.
    4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? A: tap. Dechlorinated in 5 gal bucket w air stone 24/7. 8.4tap ph before gh ph down to 6.5
    5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? 6.5 gh ph down used.
    6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. A: soil. FF oceanforest & happyfrog 50/50 mix w 5% coco added also a bit more of perlite and wormcastings
    7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. A: Gaia green 444&284 50/50mix only 1 tbsp each & bit of wormcastings.
    8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. A: spiderfarmer sf4000 40% 24ish” 132watts above tops of plants.
    9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? A: 68-70 night. 71-77 day drafts make this hard to control.
    10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?26-32
    11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
    12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
    13. Co2 Yes / No? A: no.
    14. How long have you been growing? A: First timer. On week 4 veg.
    15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? A: Cheap as possible for essentials only w longevity.

Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis with Simple Tutorials
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      Ginger's suggestion is what started me o this journey 6 years ago. Tons of useful info.
      Have topped these plants at all, yet?
      I grow in a walk-in closet with a 7.5' ceiling using a 5x5 footprint in RDWC as well as a 4x4 tent for pheno hunts.
      I feel that I get best yields when I'm able to spread the canopy out to maximize the light that my fixture output.
      I typically top my plants at the 4th node, ending up with 6 primary branches. I like to utilize trellis netting to weave the plant into the shape I want and then a 2nd layer to add support.
      I try not to allow the plants to get over 4' tall at the end of flower-most of the strains will double in size when flipped.
      I'm currently running some THSeeds LA S.A.G.E fems in the room at week 5 of flower that were flipped when they were 13 inches tall and are now over 5 feet tall.
      That 1st net is at 13" and they are over 6' tall from the floor with an absolute forest of colas.
      It's a friggin forest in there at the moment, so be aware that they can get quite large.
      Last edited by gbauto; 03-21-2022, 10:04 PM.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X