Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor growing

Hello, guys,

Hope everything is going well at you. I am opening this thread being curious about your opinion on a specific idea.
    - Our girls are approaching the end of their veg phase. During all the veg phase they had nighttime during 12am – 6am. Recently we discovered that in the area we live in we have a problem with the power grid, there are a lot of people in the area using power during daytime & this causes a low intensity of the power in our growing rooms.
    - that’s why we tought about a switch: soon we will pass them to flowering phase and we are wondering if the interval 12am – 12pm is a good idea for daytime for the girls. We think that by night people don’t use as much power as they do during the day.
    - Do you think this is a good idea, or should we make this switch from the very beginning, when the girls are in the clone phase?
    Tnx & looking forward to hearing from you!

My personal opinion is that you can set your "daytime" to whenever you desire with no ill results. Problems emerge if you try to do thisafter you have already flipped to 12/12.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

The main factor driving my on/off time is temperature. I run my lights from 9p to 9a to take advantage of lower night time temps.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy Gluteous, that is a good idea to consider especially with the global warming and all. In my latitude, the frosts are getting later, and the warm weather is coming sooner, making my 'daytime' growing harder to control the temperature. that is why I started my grows in the late fall, to avoid the high summer temps.

However you define the hours your lights will be on is entirely up to you. If you’re doing 18/6 it doesn’t really matter when the 18 starts and when it ends. That’s up to you and your individual desire. As others have already done, I’m going to adjust my daytime hours (18) to start at night. It’ll be my first time to do this but based on what I’ve read it won’t matter. When you switch to 12/12 the hours of darkness and when that happens, again, it’s up to you.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X