Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are buying your first tent and have little space.. learn from my mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are buying your first tent and have little space.. learn from my mistakes

I wanted to start simply, so I got a 2x2x4' tent and grew some autos. I then realized that if I didn't want to perpetually buy seeds that I would need to have two separate grow spaces to accomodate two different lighting schedules. Then I could keep mother plants on a veg schedule and take clones.

I didn't have space for another tent that size. I'd have to get a tent smaller than 2' (24"). Which requires a smaller light. And T5 lights, to use for veg, are hard to find in 18" lenth and are pricey when they are available. Smaller tents can be the same.

Enter the 2-in-1 tent. I DO have space for a 2'x3' tent and found one that is 5' tall instead of 4'. It gives me a 2x2' space and a 1'x2' space, within one 2x3' tent. It comes with a shelf that I can install in the 1x2' tent to hold the little plants.

If I had realized it earlier, I could have just started with this tent in the first place and saved the spend on the first tent. Now, I have a spare 2'x2'x4' tent and no place to put it. Maybe if I figure out a spot, I can pick up a cheap grow light and fan and use it for breeding so I don't get any pollen in my flower tent. Then I'll really have plenty of seeds.

TL/DR: Consider getting a 2-in-1 tent from the start so you can fit both grow and veg tents into your small space.

PS. Anyone interested in buying a very gently used 2'x2'x4' tent? LOL
    Last edited by Tone3000; 03-18-2022, 02:05 PM.

I wish I would have done this as well. I have the 2x2x4 tent, and have been considering buying another one.

Comment

Interesting approach Tone3000.
      So, which 2-in-1 tent did you buy and how much did it cost?

Are the two sections completely light tight? Pictures?
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X