What size grow bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size grow bag?

Trying to decide on the size of my next grow bag. What do you prefer, a 3 gallon or a 5 gallon grow bag. What difference does the size matter during the grow?

I have moved up to 7 Gal Fabric... plants really seem to love them, Last Grow was the biggest Autos I have ever grown so I'm sticking with the 7 Gal hope this helps!
    Tent 1 4X4X7 VIVOSUN Tent, 2 1000W LEDS, 6in Exhaust W/ 2 18IN Carbon filters 2 inside fans, Cool mist humidifier, Fox Farms Ocean Forest, FF Nutes
    2 BCN Critical XXL, 2 Blueberry Gum, 2 Hindu Kush all in Flower Autos

Tent 2 "3x3 IPower Tent 1000w LED 4IN Exhaust w/ 2 14 in carbon filters 2 inside fans Cool mist humidifier Fox Farm Ocean Forest" FF Nutes Clean and ready for next grow

Comment

Hey JB were your ears burning yesterday? I was thinking the same thing. I have been using 3 gallon with coco. My choice was 3 or 5. I chose 3 due to, that is what I have been doing anyway, Someone here (can't remember who) posted that they did a 3 vs 5 comparison and found no difference in growth, but increased high humidity problems. Humidity is an issue to cope with here. Also there would be an increased use of nutrients. Then there is always the voice that says what if... I pondered the question what happened to bigger pots, bigger roots, bigger plants theory? Did I really know? So in the second half when the clones get going I may do an appropriate experiment to see if there really is a difference. Right now I need to get things going and do not have time for pondering what could be.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Go with the 5. 3 gallons are good for a nice sog (sea of green) set up. If you are only growing 1 or 2 then go with 5.

Comment

I got 7 for my first grow and I like it. Next grow I plan to do 3x 7 gallon and 1x 5 gallon CBD 1:1 plant.
          Seedsman Northern Light auto in DIY coco coir, 250W MH bulb, GH nutrients/CaliMagic in a 4 x 2 x 6 foot tent, 18/6. Put in coco: 12/22/21. 2/23/22 changed to 12/12 and 250W Super HPS bulb

Comment

This just shows my obvious ignorance, I can't answer your question. I am able to share that I haven't noticed an appreciable, except...maybe bud size is bigger? I just started my 8th(?) grow while finishing up the previous one. The plant with the biggest gaps between buds is in a two gallon, as is the short, ripe one
            Attached Files
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

You did not indicate whether you grow indoors or outdoors. I have used both 3 and 5 gallon bags. Outdoors, there is no doubt that I would use 5 gallon bags even seven gallon if possible. Indoors, I would only use three gallon bags. I only grow indoors and I can testify that 5 gallon bags are much heavier when you try to move them about.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• woovygroovy
                woovygroovy commented
                Editing a comment
                Where are you moving your pots? My 7 gallon just sits in the tent....am I doing this wrong

I periodically rotate my plants in my 30"x30" tent. I often remove them for defoliation as I can then examine the plants from all angles as well as from above. I sometimes do this to check for pests, mildew etc. It's easier than getting on my knees to do this and much easier on my back.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• woovygroovy
                woovygroovy commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice. I only have the one for my first grow. Maybe I'll regret it on the next grow with 4 plants

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X