Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant Health and Advice - New and need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Plant Health and Advice - New and need help!

Hi

I previously topped my plant based on advice from this forum, and the results were great! Its basically doubled in size in just under a month. However since topping, its lower fan leaves have started to yellow and eventually drop off. This has continued despite me giving it nutrients (NPK), PH tests, etc. I am not sure what is causing this and am starting to get alarmed ~ even though there is plenty of leaves higher up the plant.

The freshest growth at the top is also twisted and bent in strange ways, and has some sort of discoloration. Pictures attached for reference, but I really have no idea what I'm looking at, so I really need a hand identifying and sorting out any issues. I am not growing this plant in a very welcoming climate, and have to keep it indoors due to the extreme heat outside. It still gets plenty of sunlight and nutrients and is watered every other day. The plant also had some nutrient and sunburn issues early on, which is why the yellow leaves are curled down slightly (they were curled long before turning yellow).

Any help is greatly appreciated and I'm able to provide more photos or information if needed. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PleaseSendHelp; 03-15-2022, 06:54 AM.

Update 1 day later - Could really use some advice on this, not sure what to do.
    Attached Files

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
      PleaseSendHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Im afraid i wont be much help with some of your questions, but;

I have no idea what strain or if it is auto.
      I am using RICHGRO Tomato and Vegetable Planting Mix as i had nothing else (2 months feed & seaweed boost)
      The indoor humidity in my area is around 55% as the outside temperature is really really hot.
      I keep the plant at around 25c - 28c degrees during the day.
      I am using an NPK nutrient (3% Nitrogen, 0.4% Phosphorus, 1.8% Potassium per spray) - with 3 sprays into roughly 250ml of water every fortnight or so.
      I just tested the PH of the soil, and it is still sitting at pH. 6 all over.
      It gets ~11 hours of sunlight from dawn to night through the large windows it sits against - having it anywhere else burns and dehydrates it which caused issues before.
      I water it every 2 - 3 days based on the dryness of the soil / humidity inside.

I hope this helps slightly? Thanks.

What I see from the pics
    Spots and black dots (curling twisted leaves) look like bug damage and poo.
    The pots are to small.
    You have a PH issue.
    I would not worry with the lower leaf being yellow, its the upper leaves that show stress. Hit the link at the top of this page "Plant Problems" look up each symptom and read (note that they all say check the PH). This link will help more than I can with no info to go on.
    What do you do for water?
    How do you determine when its time to water?
    What is the PH? (in/out)
    What is the RH?
    What is the soil?
    What do you feed and how often?

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
      PleaseSendHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      The black spots might be from houseflies - i often catch them 'asleep' on the upper leaves.
      The Ph that i tested today was pH. 6
      I use regular tap water every second day on a regular basis.
      The Humidity is around 50 - 55% constant
      The soil is RICHGRO Tomato and Vegetable Planting Mix as i had nothing else (2 months feed & seaweed boost)
      I feed NPK nutrient (3% Nitrogen, 0.4% Phosphorus, 1.8% Potassium per spray) - with 3 sprays into roughly 250ml of water every fortnight or so.

Hope this helps.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X