• Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO HELP spots on leaves

My situation:
    1 gallon fabric pot
    Mother Earth coco/perlite blend
    tapwater 350 ppm TDS (hard)
    GH nutrient Flora trio with hardwater micro at half of mfr's dose, per GWE rec
    NO CAL MAG
    pH'd to about 6
    growing Seedsman Super Lemon Haze Auto, 3 weeks old or so, topped and started some LST
    Vander 2000W light (220 true Watts) at 18" above plant, on 20/4 schedule
    in 2'x2'x4' tent, high temp is 81F
    Developing spots on leaves for the past several days, almost a week
    Added cal/mag in yesterday's watering at 2 ml/liter

Is this Calcium / Magnesium deficiency? Or is it light burn? Or something else? This is very weird spotting and I'm not sure what do do about it, before it gets too bad.
    I can't take a decent picture to save my life. These are the best out of about 10 that I took.

Is it just me or are the first two pictures covered in WPM?
    The spots are old damage.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

The first two pictures are close up shots of the plant in the third picture. I was trying to give a detail of the spots on the leaves. Humidity is still pretty low in the tent, 35%. Could it really be WPM? Or is it a reflection of the light and my crappy photography, which really sucks ass. ...going to look up more on WPM right now!

The leaf damage just showed up in the past few days and seems to be increasing. The plant is only 3 weeks old. What does "old damage" mean? Any idea what it causing it or how to prevent its spread?

Comment

That is a 3 week old plant? I'm not Mr. Weed, but that is a helluva 3 week old plant! You even topped in that time?
      Old damage means something happened but has been worked out. Damaged leaves do not heal. Once they get spots, they wear them like scars. The damage I see has no yellowed edges around the spots. Green is good, brown is dead, yellowing is dying. It could have been a cal-mag or pH thing.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Alot growth for being 3wks old???? Topped and trained well. When you first try autos I've used one for practice and 2 let them be. I use 3gal bags when i want them to breath and grow steady, else small package more issues when you don't know what they like. I'm guessing that's a pretty short squat plant. How many plants in that tent Tone3000? It's a Ph thing for sure, but i don't use your methods so can't say much other than flush and drain don't let them sit on floors, don't allow them to leech up old water from bottom. Keep good airflow. Good luck

LOL, it might be 4-5 weeks old by now. It's grown even since yesterday! Looks like it is just starting to flower, so it's on track for an auto. That seed took forever to sprout, and I kept adding a seed each week waiting for one to finally grow. I am not sure how long the seed was sitting in the paper towel before it finally got a root and went into dirt. It was in the first half of February, at some point. The photo is deceiving on the size. It's in a 2-gallon pot that is 7 inches in diameter and the leaves are small, so the plant is much smaller than it looks according to the photo. Here's some shots with a ruler for scale. It's 2 inches wide with 1" numbered markings. You can see that the damaged leaf is less than 2".

With a better photo of the leaf, without the glare, does it look free of WPM to you now Gingerbeard ? I really hope so!

I topped it a bit early but left 3 nodes. Now I have 6 main branches. It's like my little snowflake! It's a mess of side branches that are growing and it is definitely a short squat plant. It probably got a little stunted when I topped it. Looking forward to being able to defoliate in the middle a bit once it gets larger. I'm not sure how to manage all the side branches that are in the middle. I guess as they get larger, just point them outwards, towards the edge of the pot? Do I kill two of the smaller arms to thin it out to 4? Would that kill my yield? This is an auto, after all.

I have a new theory: splash damage. Could the spots be from where I might have splashed some water onto the leaves?

I got the idea here: https://www.420magazine.com/communit...leaves.467591/ This is the only picture that I have found that looks close to what I have.

My light is 150W and this is the only plant right now in a 2'x2' tent. Maybe it's too much? I have it pulled to the top now, since the leaf edges are looking turned up. Temp is max 82F so I don't think it's heat. I could get the light a bit higher by zip-tying it to the top of the tent but I am worried that will be too far away.

Maybe I'm just paranoid after all the deficiencies in my last grow because I had used softened water. It started like this and just kept getting worse. This doesn't seem to be getting worse, so as Gingerbeard said, maybe it's just old damage and won't progress.

Comment

Yep. Different light. If you did any research, you would know.
        Spots are strange. Sometimes I get splash spots. Sometimes it gets in and follows the channels of the ribs.
        I noticed your pot. You say you are growing in a 1 gallon fabric. I'm calling you on that. What's the brown rim, mandude? Ma'am?
        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

It was a good call on the spots. No new ones. It's coming along nicely now, though on the small side.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X