Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two different strains, several harvests...NO ODOR. Huh???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Two different strains, several harvests...NO ODOR. Huh???

After a few tries, I finally successfully harvested some Thai Stick with pleasing results. Recently, I raised some Chemdawg and more Thai (drying). Neither strain skunked up the place, as I was totally expecting! I was so afraid that the Chemdawg would smell to high-heaven that I purchased gear to combat it...and never plugged it in. Only a light, faint odor from both types, when close, when I expected to smell it from across the street.

Not that I'm complaining whatsoever, however, does that mean I'm doing something very wrong...or very right?

DWC with General Hydroponics and their calcium. I supplement some with fish water but use filtered tap water because our chlorine and fluoride is too high.

When I first started smoking weed, 40yrs ago, I was always told that the stinkier the weed the better. And after several grows and several highs, and all the literature I've read, i can tell you that this is still true today. But keep in mind, a farmer doesn't smell cow shit, he's always in it. A grower doesn't smell it like some unexperienced person. Maybe you're just use to it? Have someone else who doesn't live in it take a smell... Go get your weed tested at your local hydroponics store...if you can...then you'll know how you're doing. But in my 40yrs experience the better the smell the better the potency

Cheers,
    SwitchH2O
    8” Vivosun outtake with 8” Filter (NVP)
    RDWC (Recirculating Deep Water Culture System)
    Rockwool starter with clay pellet medium
    Combination of Remo, Advanced Nutrients and a proprietary blend.
    2nd last grow - 19.98% THC Bruce Banner
    Last grow - 22.23% THC Gorilla Glue

CURRENTLY GROWING
    White Tahoe Cookies - 3rd week of flowering
    ***These fan leaves are the biggest I've seen
    Cheers,
    SwitchH2O
    8” powered outtake with 6” Carbon Filter (NVP)
    RDWC 4x 5gal with 1x 5gal reservoir (17.5g)
    Rockwool starter (Supersoak) with clay pellet medium
    G. H. Flora 10-Part Professional Series
    Last grow - White Tahoe Cookies - Currently out being tested for THC/CBD and terpene profile.

CURRENTLY GROWING
    Sowing Godfather OG, Green Crack and Gelato
    All feminized

UPCOMING…
    Mainlining/Manifold for next grow…

Comment

• ladygoldfish
      ladygoldfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, I have heard the lore too. I'm nervous for my drying Chemdawg... Do you have any theories to WHY my plants aren't very fragrant?

Maybe I have become immune to the Thai Stick fragrance after trying for so long. I'll run a fragrance test in the meantime.

I'm going to suggest that your EC levels in your DWC were too low. Do you use an EC and PH meter for the DWC? I'm assuming you are. You kept the PH at 5.8 during veg and 6.0 during the flowering stage? Where I see people having the most problems with DWC is controlling the EC and PH. Maybe supplement with terpene enhancing fertilizers (Terpinator as an example). Your smell is a direct reflection of your terpene production. Lots to Google here LOL
    Cheers,
    SwitchH2O
    8” powered outtake with 6” Carbon Filter (NVP)
    RDWC 4x 5gal with 1x 5gal reservoir (17.5g)
    Rockwool starter (Supersoak) with clay pellet medium
    G. H. Flora 10-Part Professional Series
    Last grow - White Tahoe Cookies - Currently out being tested for THC/CBD and terpene profile.

CURRENTLY GROWING
    Sowing Godfather OG, Green Crack and Gelato
    All feminized

UPCOMING…
    Mainlining/Manifold for next grow…

Comment

• ladygoldfish
      ladygoldfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not have an EC meter. After two bad PH meters, I gave up and use paper. It is usually at 6. I follow the General Hydroponics feeding schedule for cannabis and supplement with PH balanced fish tank water. I always fear nutrient burn, so I keep that on the low side. I will try some Terpinator next grow. Thank you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X