Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL To ScrOG or not to ScrOG?

18 days into flower
    I've read the tutorials on here and watched several yt videos...I kinda think I should...but maybe I should leave them alone? I've only done lst up to this point. There's 3 plants in a 2x2x4 ft tent. 300 watt led full spectrum light. Just using soil, haven't Started using any nutrients yet

Looks nice, I have no advice on this, I am watching.

Comment

I feel your dilemma. I am a bit earlier in my grow and I'm considering ScrOG because my last grow ended up with so many twisties all over the plant. I am thinking it will be easier with a screen to put the branches into. I have the same size tent as you and I'm curious about growing that many plants. How big are your pots, what type (fabric, airpot, other?), and what light do you use (true wattage pls)?

I might be worried about starting a ScrOG after flowering has started. But I've not done a ScrOG before, I'm considering trying it, so I've been reading a lot about it. I think it is for spreading out the branches to get light to the bud sites so they can all grow. If yours is already in flower, it might be too late. The ScrOG has to be pretty close to the soil and the branches need to be still flexible to move them into position. I think your stems might be too stiff by this stage.

Others here will be able to give you real avice, I'm just looking for info like Rwise.

Comment

I dont have anything growing right now, heres some random pics from last year, raised beds hold 135 gallons or so

Comment

Thanks for your replies! Tone3000 I've been reading more and realized that I should've started earlier for a true ScrOG...but I keep thinking about putting some sort of net in to guide the bud sites through? The pots they're in are 2 or 2& half gallon...not very big. They are just a thin plastic, lots of holes. I'm also considering transplanting them into larger pots. Maybe not though because it IS tight in there and I'm not sure if they Are done stretching. I wish I knew the true wattage of my light. I don't have the tool to test that yet and I didn't keep the package it came in. I'll have to figure out how to figure that out lol.
          *ok here is what it says on my light:
          Bloomspect
          Input voltage: ac 100-240v
          Frequency: 50-60 Hz
          LED Power: 300w
          I'm assuming I have 110 wired in my house. I don't know how to do the math for this...🤔🙄

Rwise I wish to grow outside some day. If do a grow this summer, I intend to rotate plants to get some real sunlight at least.
          Last edited by TenTonBrick; 03-06-2022, 07:16 AM.

Comment

So here's what I did. There were a few longer branches that were bent and tucked under to make it a more even top. Fingers Are crossed that things continue to go well. Only drawback is that I can't take them out to water anymore. But I read someone's post on here awhile back about using a funnel that's made for filling transmissions....that's probably what I'll use from here on out.

Comment

Looks good. I did similar last year. You might want to move the net down a bit and spread out the branches as you do. Make a watering tube form about 1m 1.5 in pvc drain pipe, a street 45, and a 1.5 to 3 adapter, like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-8-18-2 TENT.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	559198
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• TenTonBrick
                TenTonBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Ckbrew I am taking your advice and moved the net down more....and I think I have some PVC tubing somewhere, I like that idea too

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X