Stop using dry ice to make hash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop using dry ice to make hash!

I know it's real popular to use dry ice to make hash but recently I was looking at a group facebook post and one of the owners of extractcraft made good points about not using it to make dabs. While their method is different than what NebulaHaze teaches here I still think we should consider this. I screenshot the post I think matters for making dry ice hash. I don't know about you guys but I would rather not risk smoking God knows what mixed in my hash.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Did they mention what kind of contaminants or in what concentration? As far as plastic is concerned, welcome to the modern world. We all are forced to consume about 5g of micro plastic each week. The planet has been polluted, and we live in the mess.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      No they didn't mention what type of contaminants. I'm pretty curious as well. As for microplastics I've known for awhile now how bad it's getting. I've never made dry ice hash and never will after seeing this post lol.

It just hit me who you meant by extracraft. Just looked it up. What else would you expect to hear from someone who sells an ethanol based extraction machine. What is the crucible made of, is it contaminant free? How much plastic and chemicals does the ethanol pick up from the outer container in the process?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      I see your point but I didn't go over the whole post wasnt even aboutdry ice hash. I only saw it and thought it might apply to making dry ice hash. Nothing is completely contaminate free. I forget what the crucible is coated in but as far as container contamination I use glass so should be none. I'm not completely bashing this technique to make hash but merely informing people about the potential harm they could be doing to themselves. I don't think our bodies like vaporized plastics and chemicals and that's my opinion.

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that vaporized plastics, chemicals are not good for us. My point was that the original post by extracraft was biased and manipulated information.

If it wasn't about dry ice I would have thought PETA said that. It's frozen CO2. If you're worried about this you better not breath. Jeez.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao it's not about co2

I tried to find any specs on the purity of the dry ice (Penguin) at my local Fry's food and drug but could not find any. I will get a brick and put it in a fresh hash bag without any weed to see if it leaves anything behind after subliming and then if any of that makes it through the mesh. Kudo's to ckbrew for checking the source. Definitely biased so I would be very skeptical of any assertions being made - especially without any supporting evidence.
    5x7 closet with reflective mylar on the walls
    2 UF-4000 LEDs (set to 25K Lumens at the plant)
    150 CFM bathroom vent installed in ceiling exhausting through a roof vent
    Elitech STC-1000Wifi Temp&Humidity Controller
    1X Sundae Driver in 35g grow bag
    2X Orange Velvet in 35g grow bags

Comment

I agree with the skepticism of the previous posts. Due to the process used to make it, it is higly unlikely that dry ice will have contaminants in it beyond insignificant trace amounts in the parts per billion range. It's not easy to make solid CO2 and the commercial suppliers process very high volumes, so any contaminants would have been "washed" away at start-up.

Comment

My only contribution is that we're ingesting microplastics all the time. I too am dubious of Extractcraft's claims. That said, Cannabis isn't some pristine object, free of its own not-so-good materials.
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

The issue I have with dry ice is in my state we cannot use CO2 at home to make hash.

Comment

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean that dry ice is unavailable, or there is some legal prohibition on using it to make hash?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            On no its everywhere, law says we cant use it at home, not that anyone is watching it, or paying attention to the law.

The lobster tails I had last night came wrapped in plastic. Oh no! so did the steaks! Shit, now i'm gonna die!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X