Ppm ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ppm ?

I hope some of you can explain the pros and cons of PPM.
    what is it
    how does it help
    what to target.
    In any situation

Howdy Fjett. The term 'PPM' is an abbreviation for ' Parts Per Million'., a way to express the concentration of a chemical(s) or a particulate matter dissolved or suspended in a solution. A 1 ppm has one atom or molecule in one million parts (of the solvent). It is easier to use than the 'Molar equivalent' used in chemistry. It is a method to k4ep track of the dissolved solids in the water. Pure distilled water will not conduct electricity, so when anything is dissolved in it, the water becomes 'ionized' and can conduct electrical current, The more ions, the greater the ability to conduct the electricity. The reading One gets when measuring the PPM only shows how much is dissolved, but not what is dissolved. I do not use the PPM, only use the recommended amounts (as per the manufacturer) and keep track of the pH levels.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey Fjeff, there's so much literature on this website about PPM, also known as EC, etc.,, along with charts and recommended levels. I can answer how it helps... Helps the grower determine the exact amount of total nutrients your plant is being given; So you can dial in the nutrient levels without going into nutrient burn...by following the PPM/EC charts and going on past experience, you can determine your plants top levels without going over and or not giving them enough. Keep in mind there are different PPM charts for soil growers and DWC growers like myself. If you're using soil, stick with the recommended directions... if I was growing in water, like I do, then an EC meter is a must to dial in those PPM and PH levels and get the highest possible THC out of your seeds. Check out the following link: https://www.growweedeasy.com/increas...y-growing-weed

Cheers,
      SwitchH2O
      8” Vivosun outtake with 8” Filter (NVP)
      RDWC (Recirculating Deep Water Culture System)
      Rockwool starter with clay pellet medium
      Combination of Remo, Advanced Nutrients and a proprietary blend.
      2nd last grow - 19.98% THC Bruce Banner
      Last grow - 22.23% THC Gorilla Glue

CURRENTLY GROWING
      White Tahoe Cookies - 3rd week of flowering
      ***These fan leaves are the biggest I've seen
      Cheers,
      SwitchH2O
      8” powered outtake with 6” Carbon Filter (NVP)
      RDWC 4x 5gal with 1x 5gal reservoir (17.5g)
      Rockwool starter (Supersoak) with clay pellet medium
      G. H. Flora 10-Part Professional Series
      Last grow - White Tahoe Cookies - Currently out being tested for THC/CBD and terpene profile.

CURRENTLY GROWING
      Sowing Godfather OG, Green Crack and Gelato
      All feminized

UPCOMING…
      Mainlining/Manifold for next grow…

Comment

I use it to check my solution, I take a reading at mix and as the plant does what plants do it evaporates the water leaving nutrients behind (ppm goes up) I can add pH water and freshen the tote back up or if it’s dropped I know to change it. I try to keep it as simple as I can.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X