Tip for newbies - don't go crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip for newbies - don't go crazy

Just finished harvesting my last plant from my first batch and wanted to share one piece of wisdom for other newbies. Don't go (too) crazy! I was greedy, wasn't sure how many seeds would germinate, and lacked general wisdom so ended up with seven plants of four different species. Some auto, some photo. Some fast growing, some slow. Was quite the ordeal keeping all plants happy with their differing needs for light, nutrients, space, etc. Had to build a second tent to separate photos from autos, even so I spent over a month moving one plant in and out doors every day to keep it in veg because my blooming photos filled up my tents. Keep it simple at first - just one strain. I've decided to avoid autos moving forward so I have more control and will only plant as many seeds as plants I want (if one doesn't germinate and you have to plant another in 1 week it really won't matter in the grand scheme of things).
    5x7 closet with reflective mylar on the walls
    2 UF-4000 LEDs (set to 25K Lumens at the plant)
    150 CFM bathroom vent installed in ceiling exhausting through a roof vent
    Elitech STC-1000Wifi Temp&Humidity Controller
    1X Sundae Driver in 35g grow bag
    2X Orange Velvet in 35g grow bags

Good advice on the 'just one strain'. In my beginning I tried growing 3 or 4 different breeds at one time in the tent. Big mistake. They are all grew at different rates. Hard to keep them all happy. Now only one breed per grow. Ya learn from making mistakes I guess. Happy farming!
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

I don’t blame you for giving up on autos. Best way to shorten your learning curve (IMO) is to grow a lot of weed though. The height or size of different strains grown together doesn’t matter because that’s easily manipulated, just stick to strains that flower at the same rate and harvest is easier

Comment

• click
        click commented
        Editing a comment
        Truth. I definitely learned a lot (mostly what not to do :-) )

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X