Thought I would share my R-DWC system.
    Pictures are better than words…
    Let me know what you guys think.

SwitchH2O
    ————————————————-
    Farmer ES3000
    …growing White Tahoe Cookies
    (Got 24.2% THC on my last grow)
    I’m 50 something years old and I’ve been growing and dismantling systems all my life…
    This is the 1st time I join a forum, so hopefully I’ll be able to help some of you.

Cheers,
    SwitchH2O
    8” powered outtake with 6” Carbon Filter (NVP)
    RDWC 4x 5gal with 1x 5gal reservoir (17.5g)
    Rockwool starter (Supersoak) with clay pellet medium
    G. H. Flora 10-Part Professional Series
    Last grow - White Tahoe Cookies - Currently out being tested for THC/CBD and terpene profile.

CURRENTLY GROWING
    Sowing Godfather OG, Green Crack and Gelato
    All feminized

UPCOMING…
    Mainlining/Manifold for next grow…

Howdy SwithH2O, The only potential problem that I an see in the photos is the clear tubing. I would strongly recommend hanging it out with black opaque tubing, as the lear tubing can at as a 'light pipe' allowing light to get into the planters and making it easier for the brown (as well as other) algea to grow and start causing problems for the plants.
    Overall, a clean looking set up.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thank you and thanks for the info, you're absolutely right! In the 5 pail picture, you can see that i aluminum taped all the white ABS because I was worried about light filtration. The black to white piping is made differently, in material; I'm able to manipulate the white piping and chisel it to fit through the rubber pail sleeves. The black ABS just wouldn't fit through those rubber pail sleeves. I had a 1" pipe recirculating the pails before and wanted to change it to a 2 1/2" pipe for better water circulation.
      Cheers,
      SwitchH2O
      8” powered outtake with 6” Carbon Filter (NVP)
      RDWC 4x 5gal with 1x 5gal reservoir (17.5g)
      Rockwool starter (Supersoak) with clay pellet medium
      G. H. Flora 10-Part Professional Series
      Last grow - White Tahoe Cookies - Currently out being tested for THC/CBD and terpene profile.

CURRENTLY GROWING
      Sowing Godfather OG, Green Crack and Gelato
      All feminized

UPCOMING…
      Mainlining/Manifold for next grow…

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        SwitchH2O, Have You tried the tubing available in most 'Home and Garden' stores? I have been using the irrigation line, made for drip irrigation systems, and they also have 90° elbow, straight, and tee connectors. The tubing is more flexible than PVC and is opaque (I've seen it in black and brown). The 1/4-inch (O. D.) tubing is flexible enough to push into the net pot gaps.

Looks good. I think I recognize those bulkhead fittings from building my old systems! DW2 is right about the tubing of course. It looks like it's built to circulate from the bottom. My setup used a manifold to distribute water from the reservoir into the tops of the grow buckets and all of it would return via the PVC pipe at bottom.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X