Hermaphrodite plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermaphrodite plant?

I've got 2 plants going right now. both are in flower mode and one is looking really good with 2 night big and tight colas. the other plant is real loose. the colas are a bunch of buds on short stems and are not tight and dense. I think it might have gone hermaphrodite. Ive had this happen once before and I feel like it might be happening with this plant again. It attached photo is not great, but can anyone tell if these look like seed pods? If the plant is hermaphrodite is it salvageable in any way and do I need to get it out of the tent with the other plant? Thank you!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5196.PNG
Views:	224
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	556874

Look like they are. I’m not 100% sure got one doing the same thing. I just put mine in a separate room and I am going to wait and watch

Comment

What is the PH?
      Looks like seeds from here, but it could be just a fat female part, pluck 1 off and dig in, is it a seed? It takes 4-8 weeks for a seed to form and ripen (some seeds will not turn dark) If it is a seed its to late the damage is done she is prego. Some would say FREE FEM SEED, I'll say they can be worth growing, dont depend on them.
      Does the other plant have seeds too? More or way less? The one with the most seed will be the guilty party. Seeds from hermies will be female with a tendency to hermie.
      Seedy weed still burns, more work to get out the seed, it may not have the aroma it could have had, or produce as much as it would have, it may not taste as good, it may not be as strong as it could have been. It still works.

Aussieboy Welcome to GWE

Comment

Thanks for the responses. There are no seeds on the hermie yet. I'm planning to harvest both plants this weekend. I don't see anything that looks like seed pods or pollen sacks on the plant with the big tight colas. What really throws me off about the one that I think is hermie is that the colas are not dense and tight. They are a collection of small buds on short stems all the way to the top of the "cola". I haven't grown a ton yet, but I've never seen anything like it. Even in the hermits that I had before.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X