Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning during Flowering

Need some advice on pruning please.
    My plants been flowering for 5 and a half weeks and foliage is starting to get a bit thick and blocking the light for some bud areas.
    What leaves can I cut off and how much foliage can I cut off without stressing the plant too much??
    Attached Files

I wouldnt take any off mate just fold the couple in that are blocking bud site

Comment

• Vaibag
      Vaibag commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for the advice! I bent the fan leaves back blocking the light. Which puts my mind at ease as I was freaking out about pruning at this stage.
      It’s because I f$&@ed up my LST, all good I’ll make sure to not do that to the next plant.

Yeah what growell said. That plant isn't thick. Leaf tucking is your friend.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Pruning is like hair cuts, everyone has their preferred style. I would favor selectively removing a few leaves that block light from the buds.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thanks heaps for the advice everyone. Bent the leaves back.
        Should I chop these 4 little branches though that have buds the size of a BB gun ball?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yep pretty much a 1/3rd down to the base.
          1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
          1 sf2000 @200 watts
          2 philzon @230 watts
          2x4x5 tent
          3x6x8 closet
          Fox Farm ocean forest
          Black gold for seedling
          3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
          RH 40-60
          Temp 70-80
          Feeding with FF trio with molasses
          calmag and a little flower fuel
          Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• Vaibag
            Vaibag commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m 6 weeks into flowering though and from everything I’ve read I should’ve done it no later than 3 weeks lol looks like again I’m late to the party!
            All good I’ll make sure I do it to the next plants.

I trim my auto several times after flowering, Super Soil with Coco Loco and Baccto potting mix, 5 gal fabric pots, straight tap H2O ph 6.5 Was able to scrape off some residue from my snips for "Rat Turds", about 1/4 and buzzing for a couple hours, potent shit!
          Attached Files

Comment

oldandintheway Just curious, did you have to bring in structural engineers and a construction crew to put that tent up? Lotsa room in there bro. Nice work on the plants. Just gotta love them rat turds.

Comment

Actually the tent was a breeze to set up, takes up a lot of space in my garage but i've never parked a vehicle in there anyway. The rat turds were a pleasant surprise! Checked the trichs this morning and damn if 3 out of four plants were beginning to turn amber. So I immediately began the harvest and hung them all in the tent, lights out now for a couple days, probably check them in a couple of days.
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X