Trying a new organic super soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Trying a new organic super soil

Excited to start a new run with a new brand. Just to be clear I have no association with any manufacturers

They are from the Toronto area which makes them “local” enough for me. They sell direct and ship, check them out.
    Getting my organic soil from BC, 4000ish kilometres away seemed contrary to the general idea of organically growing 🤔. Although I have no complaints about Gaia Green. They also have a new soil called Primal Earth, I think it’s probably directed at the cannibis growers.

Genetics mostly the same as last grow ( I posted details), so I can try some stuff and compare. Just added a Canuk seeds Amnesia in place of the Blue dream (cause I grew them all😎)

Last edited by Smallgrow; 01-29-2022, 10:23 AM. Reason: Typo
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Ok people time for an update on this grow starting from the beginning ….

I find soaking seeds for 8-12 hours is a good time, both too long and too short can be a problem.

Lighting for this grow will come from my SliverStar vertical CMH 315 watt main light (digital square wave Phillips ballast) with a Phillips 3100k bulb, assisted in flower by 2 Marshydro TS600 LED’s (approx 80w from the wall each).

Grow will be in my 3x4x6’ Opulent brand (Amazon) tent.
    using 3x3 for grow space and 1x3 for equipment space.
    I use the 3 in 1 version with wall removed.

Into Eazy Plugs Jan 15th today is Day 1.

Had trouble keeping germination temps constant varied from 66-76 F, 60-80 % RH. Everyone came up ok.
    The CBD white widow and Amnesia took about 3 days, the Lemon drop was about 4 days

Day 5- the babies went straight to their final containers. 7 gallon fabric pots from Bud Trainer , equipped with grommets for training. Got watered in with Stepwell EM-1 essential microbes.

Early veg temps have been colder at 70-73 lights on and 50-60% RH.

I had trouble with height in my last grow, so this round I will be pushing the topping and training harder on these autos, to see what the results are.

Feb 3 - Day 17 everyone got topped after the 3rd node light training began next day

Day 21 they got their first top dress feed of Stepwell Veg, only 1 Tablespoon per plant required.

Once a week watering includes EM-1
    Top dress once a week with Stepwell veg

Lots of LST everyday.
    Had some mistakes and branches broke including 1/3 of Lemon drop, but the plants just grew past it and recovered for the most part. We’ll see what that means to the final results.

The last photo in this post is Day 33
    Last edited by Smallgrow; 03-20-2022, 10:17 AM. Reason: Added light and tent info.
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done with the report of your grow. I think they all look dang good looks like you've taken control of them early with future height issues there will be more adjusting to come with the tying down. Soil looks good from my angle best of luck keep us posted.

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      That is some nice training. I think I will start topping auto-flowers. Bending them over didn’t work so well on my current grow and the main colas are much taller than the others!

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx Folks. Ya it’s busy with the training , you don’t wanna miss a day over those weeks.
      My first runs I just bent them, but with todays autos seems topping is usually no problem.
      I’m did after 5th node last grow that worked well but tall for me, so this time 3rd.🤞

HI all,
    Ok, time for another update .
    The brings us up to this weekend, so next update will be close to harvest probably.
    I’m estimating mid April , that’s would be good news for the May 24 weekend up here in Canada.

The first pics are picking up where we left off about day 35.
    Showing the results of the training . Also the results of what I call “over training” (otherwise know as screwing up).
    I broke a few major branches along the way, including that one on the Amnesia. It was hanging by a tread but I taped it, and supported it, and you can see in the pic it’s back. Today she’s the biggest girl in the group. Goes to show how much some autos can take under the right circumstances.

At this point tent is running around 72F and 55% RH lights on and about 68F and 65% lights off.
    Light about 24” rightly 425 PPFD , DLI 32.5 ish
    EM-1 microbes weekly

Day 41
    the girls will get their first top dress of Stepwell’s bloom 1tbls each. This will be weekly as well, but for only 4 weeks.
    I’m finally starting to let off on the training just now

The middle few pics are around day 45 showing the results of training as the canopy spreads out.
    I only lightly defoliated the biggest fans, and bottom 3rd of the plants I clean off too.

Day 44
    I added two Marshydro TS600 for supplemental lighting.
    bringing me up to about 750 PPFD , 42-45 DLI
    In their 7 gallon pots and these conditions the girls are drinking 3000-4000ml every 2or 3 days

Day 50
    with their weekly top dress I gave them a treat with Stepwells compost Tea, brewed for 48 hours with an air stone.

Day 60
    Is about the last pic in this set . Having some trouble with light stress again .
    lights are max height now at about 30”, more for the ts600 and I’m out of tent.
    Ive also set the timer on the TS lights to 16 hours on instead of 18 hoping to help the situation and prevent loose or foxtail buds

….heading for the finish, stay tuned😎
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X