Diatomaceous Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diatomaceous Earth

I had a thrip problem, just couldn't get rid of them. clean after clean, sprays, everyone like try this try that. thinking oh good they are gone, only for the wee @$£"££ to appear again. Used that Diatomaceous Earth, and can't believe how quick it got rid of them. now on to the next problem ..lol.. love growing...

I swear by DE....been my go to for years in my vegetable garden. I also put it in my pet's food cuz it is a natural de-wormer. It is safe for human consumption too (the food grade one). I'd take it over that other de-wormer that everyone talks about in regards to Covid lol...just my opinion

Comment

Use it every grow, top dress the soil before adding a layer of clay pellets.
      Autopot grower.
      HLG 100 4K quantum board
      2 x ES300 V3 4x4x8
      ES300 + ES180 4x4x8
      🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
      4 Autopots per tent.
      🪴🪴🪴🪴🎪🌲🌲🌲🌲
      CANNA Terra professional medium
      CalMag =0.4 EC
      Terra Flores, Terra Vega + Rhizotonic, cannazyme, CannaBoost, canna PK
      = 😀

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Holden90 I'm an autopot grower as well. May I ask, do you add the DE and pebbles when you do the initial pot up or after the plant is established? I haven't had to used DE in the past (knock on wood) but any tip about the autopot system, I'm interested in.

Nothing better for getting rid of fungus gnats.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Cali
        Cali commented
        Editing a comment
        Rove beetles. From veg to flower no worries about dust on the buds.

Coco tje issue with that is when in flower you can’t or at least I wouldn’t want it on my buds thrips live in leafs not soil some will fall but they thrive on the foliage.. I use it sometimes in veg. For flower nothing beats beneficial insects.

Comment

• Coco
        Coco commented
        Editing a comment
        your right, I did use it once when in early stage of flower but the ideal time is veg. problem with getting insects in, is by the time they arrive, your finished flowering ..lol.

The bad thing with DE is when it is burned it crystallizes, and crystalline DE is deadly to everything. Do always check the label for "Food Grade", I have never seen the unsafe stuff on the shelf, but better safe than sorry.

Comment

Insects and spraying are supposed to be a preventive not a solution to a problem. That’s where most fail including me in the past. We have to be proactive not reactive. If you know you are going to flip make sure you are pest free and put the order in. Mine take about 3 days tops to arrive. Lucky me. Plus if you keep your soil alive the beneficials will multiply and you won’t need to keep buying all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Holden90 View Post
          Use it every grow, top dress the soil before adding a layer of clay pellets.
          Autopot grower.
          golfnrl Sorry for the huge delay, forgot my password and the email reset thing didn't work.... so as to the autopots, I mix clay pellets and CANNA Terra 50/50 to pot up, doesn't hurt to add DE at this point, if I was in a greenhouse or outside I would recommend , however I grow indoors. So I get the plant established, 7 -10 days or so. During this time I water the plant as per normal (like twice only to encourage root development), once I turn the system on I heavily dust the top of the soil with DE, then cover with 1 inch of clay pellets. Never top water again or it washes the DE into the medium.
          HAPPY GROWING
          HLG 100 4K quantum board
          2 x ES300 V3 4x4x8
          ES300 + ES180 4x4x8
          🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
          4 Autopots per tent.
          🪴🪴🪴🪴🎪🌲🌲🌲🌲
          CANNA Terra professional medium
          CalMag =0.4 EC
          Terra Flores, Terra Vega + Rhizotonic, cannazyme, CannaBoost, canna PK
          = 😀

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X