First time grower coco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower coco

Hi fellow growers, i just started my first grow in Canna coco plus in roughly 50 x 80cm. I bought the seeds from NLSeeds, which i am not so sure of for a couple of reasons, firstly they say on their website free seeds with every order' but i did nt get any, and secondly i m not sure about the quality of their seeds.does someone know if they are legit?
    I Ordered critical, northern lights and lemon haze feminised and i wanted to start with critical and northern lights and i sowed directly in the coco. The critical sprouted after a few days but the northern lights did n t so after a 10 days i planted another northern lights. This one sprouted after about a week but looked a bit deformed from the beginning and one of the cotyledons had a white spot in the middle. I also noticed that the leaves of the critical were looking slightly yellowishh towards the middle, attached pics.
    i have been watering with normal and half strenghth canna a+b nutes. Any suggestions as to what i am doing wrong?
    I also dug up the first northern lights and see that it had germinated but the root stopped growing. Is this due to the seed or my way of treating it? Any advice would be much appreciated!

​​​​​​​☮️✌️

I can not comment on the seed supplier and it looks like no one else can either. Poor germination and mutated genetics is not a positive sign. To be honest every breeder/bank out there has it bad genetics even the best of them so keep on with it since you've made it this far.

Anyway, I take it that you loaded doubles of the same pictures so I'm going to talk about left plant and right plant.

Left pot needs perlite, doesn't need full or half strength nutrients only Ph'Ed water with a little Rhyzotonic and if it doesnt set "true leave in sets" soon I toss it.

Right plant look just fine and a little yellow on the center of new growth is normal, looks lite on perlite but should be fine.

Canna line is Top Notch and is what I've been using for the last year-and-a-half, the only down side is the price but once you understand the product and how to use it you will find that it takes very little and going a long way.
    I use the low end of there EC but dont recommend going that route on a first grow if you have no understanding of Ppms and/or Ec. if you go to the Canna website calculator and select "light feeding" it is more then enough even for RO water without cal mag and gives you ml per gallon/liter for each stage, just go by the lowest amount of ml recommended.

If you don't have the Rhyzo and cannazym, get it! The boost makes people run screaming and do stupid stuff like buy GH products or crap soil if you can it is well worth the money, not necessary if the price isn't doable for you atm and you can substitute kelp + molasses in its place.

Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-29-2022, 12:41 AM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks for the reply mr Furley,
      yes on the supplier i can only hope that the seeds are actually what they said they would be.
      yes i had uploaded doubles by mistake. The northern lights is looking better now and seems to be setting true leaves and correcting, so i am hooeful. I will repot tomorrow or the day after and give it plenty of perlite.
      I am not sure when to see start with full nutes though.. any tips on that? Indeed the critical has drooping leaves which i understand van be a sign of overfeeding. Regarding ec, i am not so i. Tune with it but i have a ph meter and an setting the pH by adding vinegar and lowering to 6.7.

​​​​​​The Cannazym and rhizotonic seem like good additions but indeed expanding yhe price input to these babies. I will see how it goes without them for this grow and see if i can help with the kelp and molasses as you suggested

Cheers,

Some pics from2 days ago

Comment

Drooping leave can be a sign of overwatering.

Ideal PH for COCO is 6.2 so you are still High(so pun intended)

Wait a week to Transplant that little guy, let it catch up.

Right plant is ready for half strength nutrients every other watering, left plant can do the same after transplant.

Don't spray/get water on plants with "lights on" you will burn them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X