Why again??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why again??

So my first grow went ok but had some issues towards the end of flowering. Leaves all yellowed, went crunchy and fell off. All through veg was ok. I thought it was a salt build up issue as I was using coco and not draining enough to waste. Since then I switched to a super soil. Been going great but now again I’m having the yellowing issue towards the end of flowering. Some leaves are starting to look burned. Now I’m wondering if it’s my lights. I’m running Samsung LEDs. There 200 watts each and I have 2. There full spectrum. Also running 260 watts of incandescent grow light. I can’t see this again being a salt issue as I’m watering with just water. Dry them right out between waterings (starting to wilt) and then bottom water with ph balanced water. Only thing now I can think of is my light. I have the LEDs roughly 16” above the top flower. The incandescent slightly higher as I was worried about there heat. Likely 24”. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

How long till you harvest? From what I read you are under watering for sure. Don’t let the soil dry out at all, always keep it moist from top to bottom. Also the lights could be a bit close, it’s an issue I was having and once I figured the distance that best fit my ladies the yellowing stopped. Sometimes it looks like nutrient burn but it’s just under watering that causes the yellow tips.

Comment

Cali see and last grow I was watering more and kept getting told I was watering to much and giving them root rot. Just wasn’t watering right. I’m likely watering twice to 3 times week. The one thing I am wondering on is a potassium deficiency. It does look a lot like it from what I can see and would make sense it’s occurring during flowering as I think this is when they feed heavies on potassium and phosphorus if I’m not mistaken. Thinking of doing a banana peal tea and watering with this. See what happens. I don’t think it can hurt but might fix. From what I can see the light issue would be more the tips and top leaves. I have it on leaves all
      over. Even ones not getting a ton of light.

im about 5/6 weeks into flowering. So just over half way. Which is when this occurred last grow as well and by the end of flowering the ladies had dropped 3/4 of there leaves. Still had a good harvest but I’m sure if I get this fixed it will be even better.

Comment

Ok. Being that it’s super soil just make sure the soil does not dry out. Supersoil has to be moist specially in the top 2” around the stalk at the rizhosphere pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol. Do you have any soil left over? To top dress the pots? If you do go ahead so it gets a fresh batch of nutrients, maybe the soil is getting depleted? Also 1” top dress of worm castings would help, or if you can get some malted barley at a home brew store just mill it to a semi powder and top dress it. The enzymes will get to work and break down food for your plants. One thing I have added on my last grow is fish bone meal it’s great for flowers and has nitrogen because plants still need nitrogen during flower just not high amounts, no issues this time around. But like I said I raised the lights been staying on top of my watering (biggest issue) when growing with supersoil/living soil/organic soils and the extra top dress of fish bone meal only during flower.

Comment

Oh and this I know you can do, go to a market and buy aloe Vera, and green baby coconut. fillet it and blend it (only the gel inside) Strain it into your water, for the coconut just strain the water into your water mix it together and wet your soil throughly but not enough for runoff, may have to water slowly and may take longer than usual but make sure it’s wet from top to bottom. That alone will improve your plants hands down. Aloe helps with stress and coconut is full of enzymes and what the plant needs during flower. I use this thru flowering always.

Comment

Izzie1701 , I don't see anything wrong with you plants. In fact I think they look pretty good. Fan leaves are going to turn yellow late in flowering. Just cut them off and don't worry about it.

Comment

• Rik
              Rik commented
              Editing a comment
              Wouldn’t it be better to keep them on as long as there’s still some green in them? I agree about once they’re totally dead and dried up, but if there’s any nutrition left and any ability to photosynthesize, I would think leaving them alone is the best bet when you’re in flower and you’re not growing any new leaves.
              Last edited by Rik; 01-27-2022, 04:58 PM. Reason: Autocorrect mistake

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              Rik, you can if you want to. If I'm this far in flowering, I would already thinned them out. So that would not be a issue.

kingfish sorry I should have taken a closer pic. Do you think this is normal yellowing as well. I wouldn’t expect to have the tips burning like this from normal yellowing. If it’s anything like my
            last grow it will continue to get worse. The leaves go dry and crunchy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X