Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could tonight's sub zero temps improve an "everything went wrong" wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Could tonight's sub zero temps improve an "everything went wrong" wash?

I've had some once very quick-washed prime bud in a jar in the freezer since last February. Saturday I decided to wash it again, added EC, swirled, set the jar down, then swirled counterclockwise and put it in the freezer to repeat in a few minutes. I woke up an hour later, first mistake. So I drained the bud through a 'tea' strainer w/a white fine mesh canning strainer underneath, lidded it then into the freezer, and watched the Niners win. Later I decided to strain it thru a coffee filter into a jar: I forgot to pre-wet the filter, I put the ring on the filter/jar top crooked, it's stuck, and the jar barely held the liquid's volume. I had to cut the filter off from underneath the ring so as to not lose any gunk collected back into the wash. I built a wall of frozen fruit bars to make a safe space for the full jar in the freezer, plugged the lid-less top with the bottom of a silicone cupcake liner to keep out any unwanteds from entering the jar.

Would putting the jar outside in tonight's very cold temps plus wind chill help the color or anything else about this Comedy of Errors jar of g-damn GD I made? When I spilled an ounce trying to see if a jar lid would cover the top I had the jar on a very clean countertop with a new Viva paper towel underneath. What was on the paper towel looked yellow but the full pint jar has a greenish tint. It should be OK for a small batch of Accidental Nap gummies. I started with a 1/2 oz of bud, two quads.

I believe I made a wise decision not to evaporate EverClear in my kitchen Sunday, after everything that I'd already done wrong. I should have a nice cross-draft tonight, the fumes go into the garage. I have a heating mat, temp gun, silicone mats, a few fans or time to reduce it more. Trying to decide if I have the energy to decarb some bud in jars, to freeze outside overnight.

I feel like this Jerry Jeff Walker song, I miss that dude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVt2S1Ncjs
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

I don't wash my buds.Maybe I'm one of many who don't do it. But then I'm lucky to have a cool room facing north. And as for sub zero temps, I woke up this morning with a nice cool -45F. Now that's freeking cold. If there is a GOD maybe I'll be with my gringos soon.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know you're a kiefer, Farmbuck - but, you've never made oil or RSO?

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck I was happy for the chance to use mother nature for a nice QWET. Below zero + wind is just cold, going lower doesn't feel much worse. I thought there were RSO or oil makers here who might share experience or advice. Opportunity lost. Guess I'll stick it in a cupboard and forget about it. I wanted to make gummies because I can't spend more at the dispensary right now.

Can't help you sorry, i've never washed buds and i'm still upright and mobile, but then i would'nt smoke mold, WPM, or big pharma. Anybody hear Kid Rocks new song. I Love It only in America
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm too old now for the Kid SoOrbudgal

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Never made RSO or oil SoOrbudgal? I'm making QWET from my own grown bud. No mold, WPM or big pharma .. except for 3 free seeds.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind off subject just a red neck artist who is poking fun at the " new world order " freedom of speech

No oil makers here?

Comment

I've done it a few times. Used the GWE method pretty much. I do mine in a chest freezer. Oz of decarbed bud in one jar over nite along with a bottle of Ec. Next morning do the quick wash. I've done mine for an hour and three washes before with no I'll effects. I've never saved the washed bud. Usually reduces down to about 8 ml.of oil. Not sure if refreezing a tincture will improve it's color or effect though. I'd just try to filter it again.
    Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 01-26-2022, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Bowhunterwoody I made the fastest, nicest, coldest ONE wash last February during The Big Chill here using my deck for subzero temps, were very sub zero. It was a one minute wash on prime bud, a quarter oz in each pint jar. After draining out the material I immediately put it into the freezer to wash again because it had a lot left in it and because when I reduced that one fast wash it was the nicest I'd ever seen. My unintended nap made it look greenish, I planned to get another nice yellow 2nd wash to reduce and then do a 3rd. I remember someone, I think on here could be wrong, saying that they got a greenish wash back to yellow, nicer looking, with more freezing cold time. I just didn't want to stay up all night searching posts. I took that jar from last Feb out of my freezer briefly once to get at something else, beautiful oil was leaking out of the frozen material. Thank you very much for replying. I appreciate it.

Comment

I know I’m late to the party (sorry, I’m between grows and not on every day) but a couple thoughts below. I feel your pain with the comedy of errors - I once spilled about half a jar of wash, for which I shed a tear.

Firstly I think some folks misunderstood and thought you were talking bud washing vs an etoh quick wash.

These days I do a much longer freezer wash than I used to. I used to do something around an hour but I felt like I was leaving too much good stuff behind. Now I go for a single wash of about 24 hours in the freezer. It is a bit greener than before but not a huge amount and the truth is I am looking to maximize the dose for sleeping vs making the absolute best tasting product, but the resulting gummies taste pretty good. If you are looking to improve your wash you could probably do so to some extent by chilling and filtering again but I doubt you’d be able to change it a huge amount after the wash. It’s possible leaving it in the light would degrade the chlorophyll but I suspect it would also degrade the thc. Not sure if it would be worth it.

I just made another round of gummies on the weekend and I wish I had weighed and recorded how much plant matter I used because holy smokes they are powerful. Lying in bed last night after eating a single gummy and I had wild bed spins. I can’t remember the last time that happened. That’s why I sample the first gummy of a new batch when I don’t have any plans for the evening. Pretty sure I made about 40 gummies with a bit more than an ounce of high quality trim mixed with a handful of cbd heavy bud. Talk about accidental napping power!

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi DeadlyFruit Yeah, I caught that drift. I thought the mention of EverClear, draining, straining, swishing and freezing would've differentiated a QWET from the more rare washing of colas. The jar is sitting in a cupboard. I'm in a DGAS mood today. One thing I noticed is that the very cold unreduced 'tincture' didn't burn my mouth anywhere near how the room temperature stuff does. I don't feel well, if I find energy I might reduce it in a pan, or pull out a coffee machine to set a Pyrex bowl on. My mat, controller and temp gun are new in pkg and I don't feel like reading about using them right now. I consumed ~1.5 ml from that pint of unreduced QWET last evening. The couch wasn't spinning but I had a nice unplanned nap. If not for the pets I'd like to spend a week in bed, eat a gummy every time I wake up. It came from really good starting material, no trim, shake or popcorn. I don't care how it tastes either, I've had worse-tasting medicine in my life. The EC still bothers my pancreas or I'd just drink it as is. If I were making edibles to share I'd be more picky about the taste or strengths. Did you use the GWE recipe? Thanks!
          Last edited by Puglover1; 01-27-2022, 03:56 PM.

• DeadlyFruit
          DeadlyFruit commented
          Editing a comment
          Puglover1 I am not a huge fan of tinctures as well, although it is more related to the burning feeling they give. Love the unplanned naps - why are they always better than when you try to have a nap? I’ve only used the GWE recipe once. It turned out ok although the gummies were a little too hard. If I would keep using that recipe I think I could dial it in so it produced decent gummies most of the time but since starting to use that mix I mentioned I haven’t had a batch turn out poorly. The worst thing that happened was when I didn’t leave them to dry uncovered long enough and after rolling them in sugar the moisture came out and turned the outside a bit wet and sticky. The batch I just made is the perfect consistency and just sticky enough to hold the sugar but not enough to feel sticky on the fingers.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X