No announcement yet.

First Time Grower seeking support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to my grow family. Its been a few weeks since I updated. Been busy trying to get an outdoor set up growing

So is some of my harvest. I did not weigh it but I got this and 12 quart jars full.

The Northern Lights is sweet smelling and potent. Nice mellow feeling that lingers for a few hrs.

The Super Skunk never produced a skunky smell. That kind of sucks because I had skunk in the 80's and this ain't it. Maybe it was the seeds I got. If anyone knows where the true skunk is please chime in. The smoke is good and can put you to a nap. It's a little harsh. I am hoping the cure will smooth it out. Today makes one week that they went into the jars.

So for anyone interested I dried at an average temp of 60 degrees and 60% humidity for 16 days. I dry trimmed and once I removed the fan leaves I had no hay smell what so ever. The bids smell sweet. The humidity in my jars are between 57 and 62 RH. Once lit the bud stays lit. Once again this is my first grow so I am hoping the cure smooths it put some.

The plant in the photo is 120 days old and got at least two more weeks to go according to the trichomes. I was reading yesterday that any autoflowers with super in front of it os not tour typical auto and it is not uncommon for these super strains to run over 15 weeks making it more comparable to photos. Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway there she is standing around 4 ft. tall and she was tied down early in an attempt to shape the canopy.

Peace and Happy Growing to y'all

Comment

Decided to send a few more picks. The grow is rewarding but a lil sad during the chop. I guess I better get used to it! 😂

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job! Good looking big buds, nice colors, and that Auto looks awesome but a little bushy. I'm not an auto lover yet so no opinion on the Super thing. Dry trimming can suck. I would just pull those curly, crispy, yellow/brown leaves off the buds now with my fingers. Congratulations!! You did it and you done good. Twelve full jars feels good, eh?

Puglover1, feels real good and a sense of accomplishment. Thank you for your feedback throughout my grow.

My beans for my new grow just popped. I will keep em in for about a month.

Cherry Pie, Sunset Sherbet and Super Skunk feminized photos. Six Plants in 10 gal.

Here we go with another first time adventure. Gonna be a busy summer!

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They sound yummy! Good luck ... 6 plants in 10 gal each indoors? I wish I had a grow room, instead of a closet. I have the perfect basement for one but no elevator or escalator, hehe.

No Pug I am going outside with those girls. I want to get an outdoor grow in for the first time experience and compare the two.

I got a 4x4 for indoors and I grow in 5 gal pots.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought maybe outdoor bc of bag size but some indoor growers are using bigger bags for yield. Me too, I should start an auto in a bigger bag then put it on my patio table, I have indica auto seeds, not much to lose.

I was wondering do you know anything on the Spectrum King LED light Co. Also are Cree led diodes better than Samsung LM301H

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I don't. I'm trying to think of who could answer the diode question. Maybe make a post just about those questions? Lights are key, I see the results on here, wish I had a spot to use different lights.

Well the lights worked good but even though I got nice bud production I am looking into getting a another light that fits my tent better. I had two VIVOSUN 4000 because one did not cove the 4x4 for flower. So I purchased another just to match. I never ran them at 100%. I finished at 80%. I got an email from High Times about this new light from Spectrum King, the Pgoenix680. They as all the other companies that there light is the best or one of the best on the market.
      I don't see anyone on you tube growing with Spectrum King. It's just those like Mars, Vipar, etc.

Comment

Sorry about the typo. It is the Phoenix 680 led light

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you get/read GWE Sunday emails? Nebula has done light grow comparisons, I think in a 4x4. I like the strip lights and foldables I see on here.

Yes I do. She likes that Green Sunshine es300. She says it works good but bulky. Also expensive 5 hundred plus. I would need 2 of them.

Comment

BU2B Hi, J ^ had a pretty nice first grow but he has lighting upgrade questions. My brain couldn't think of who to tag to offer suggestions. Thank you.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Good morning. Thank you very much. For the info. I have the time so I will look into it.

Peace and Happy Growing to you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X