No announcement yet.

First Time Grower seeking support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey thanks for the response, I been waiting patiently. First grow don't want to lose em now.
    My ph has been 6.1-6.7 for the girl in the first two pics and last pic (same girl). She is growing in pot4pot superb soil. I have added no nutes because it states you don't need nutes, it already has it. IDK if anyone has experience with pot4pot superb soil. The other 5 girls don't look too bad, however their leaf tips have a blondish yelllowish look they are on Advance Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B, Sensizym, Big Bud, Bud Candy, Carbo Load. The girl in superb soils tips look a lil purple to me. I am glad you asked the ph ?. Please let's address this. When I started my grow with no experience just what I been reading. My neighbor who grows photos tried to help me. When the girls were young seedlings he came in and pour a gal. of water on these autoflowers. They got really dark green and droopy and leaves looked puffy. I thought they were over watered. Since then I just been trying to be real careful on watering. BOTTOM LINE is I HAVE NOT WATERED MY GIRLS TO GET A RUNOFF OUT OF FEAR!
    I read different information and get conflicted as to which is the right way. As the result I been watering when the soil is almost dry. I been watering around 1 liter for most every 24-48 hrs. If my new Cannafam has time to breakdown how to water til run off and why it's important
    I read one post where the guy says he been growing for ten years in 5 gal. pots and never waters til runoff because he spends alot of money on nutes and run off is a waste. Then I read tou have to water til run off. NOT AS EASY AS ALOT OF People STATE.

Comment

Meant to add other 5 gals are in promix hp w Mycorrhizae. Ph has been between 6.0-6.5

Comment

One of the toughest things about this hobby is the difference in opinions that various growers have when searching various forums to try to understand the best way to correct problems. I share your frustration.

Your photo #2 clearly shows a phosphorous deficiency. I have had these the last two grows. It happens to me when my runoff pH gets too low (5.5-6). I believe you should check your runoff and if too low, increase your watering pH to closer to 7 until it improves. This has helped me. If the runoff pH is above 6.0 you may want to increase the amount of phosphorus you are feeding.

Comment

Thank you for your advice. Yes frustrating because your trying to see a healthy plant regardless of what it's for. To me it's about providing good plant parentship to ensure optimum growth for our girls. I want them to thrive not suffer. I will look into phosphorus deficiency. Thank you again!

Comment

Hello to you all out there and I hope everybody is safe and well.

Today is day 57 (wk 9). I wanted to give an update and get some advice. I bought a grow room microscope 60x from Parts Express on Amazon and I got one from Pot4pot and I can't see a thing. I will try and send some close ups best I can. I don't know when to start flushing. Now the Nutrient schedule I been following calls for feeding up to day sixty. Which would be today day 57. Actually maybe day 60 will be last feeding. I been watering about every three days. Once again I don't know where I am at with these girls.

Comment

They look good you still have a ways to go. Two to three weeks at least. Most of the pistols are white. You don't have to worry about looking at the trichomes until at least half of them are brown and curled in. I don't do nute supplements so I can't help with that. I too find it hard to see the trichs so sometimes I go by what the plant is doing. If the pistols are brown and she has stopped drinking she's done.
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Hey thanks for the response. So they look good; that is a relief. A couple of the other girls are behind. I am still having leaf issues with one since the beginning with her leaves.
                also is it necessary to stick chop sticks all through your soil for air? I am growing in ProMix. It seems like it gets pretty compact but I am not sure. I was told that is all I would need to grow in. I felt more comfortable starting my first grow like this.

Comment

Comment

Girl with leaf issues since start of grow. I have given Cal mag with iron a few times

Comment

Negative on the chopsticks. Don't disturb the roots.
                      keeping it green with the soil thing
                      love me some frosty autos
                      braap
                      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Thank you! So Promix should be fine just water and leave soil alone

Comment

Hello to my Grow Family. I hope all is well with you all.

Week ten has begun, actually it's day 64 3 Northern Lights & 3Super Skunk Auto.

Just sending some pics to get some input. There is a NL Auto growing in Superb Soil from pot4pot. Now her leaves are turning purple still. I know we are nearing the end of grow but my ?'s are

Could this girl have exhausted her nutes since I was advised just to add water.

If it is a deficiency it looks like phosphorus deficiency. Could this be right?

I don't think Northern Lights has purple leaves, is this is from genetics, am I wrong?

I sent pics of close ups best I could. I am aiming for more of couch effect from these strains. Has anybody have experience with these 2 strains?

Also the girl in the back is a Super Skunk who is 56 days old and she is kind of just hanging out doing her thing slowly. She has grown taller than the other girls. I pushed her back from light as she was 12 from it the top bud site on the others are 18 in from light. IDK if I should put smaller girls on milk crates and raise light. The dimmer os at 80% if that means anything.

Once again first time grower trying to gain some grow knowledge,

Peace & Happy Growing to y'all

Comment

I think you are right and have proved that the Pot4Pot soil did not have enough nutes for an entire grow. The same strain in Promix look much better. Looking very good for a first grow, it is obvious that you have done your homework!

Comment

Good afternoon retired guy. Thanks for chiming in. Yeah so if I am right, then what do folks do at that point.. Will inexperienced growers like me be able to figure this out. Imagine if that wasn't a forum like this to get advice. The plant overall looked nice throughout her grow. I like the way the soil absorbs and made it easy for me to figure out watering. Promix for me was more of a challenge. But hell I ain't never done this before. 😂 I thought Promix was soil. I ain't never heard of coco peat and so on n so forth but I do now Brother.
                              I have one more kit from Pot4pot that I will try again to be sure with same strain.

Comment

I forgot to mention, I gave girl in Pot4pot 4mls of Advance Nutrients Overdrive it says it's a late phase bud ripener & weight gainer. Any how it has some phosphate in it. Is there anything I can do to help her or is she too far along?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                                X