• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these things?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220119_183624.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	553968 I've been dealing with these little white bugs in my latest round trying hydro in a 5gal dwc. They usually remain in the hydroton balls but when i water through the medium i find them floating in the water zipping around. My girls were showing signs of mag deficiency even though they were getting extra calmag, but after I flushed the media and scooped out all the ones I could one recovered and has been doing great... until recently she's begun showing signs of mag deficiency again and once more I looked after watering and there were tons in there.

There's been no bug damage to the leaves that i could find and no visible bugs present ontop of or under the foliage. I've also been giving her sns 207 for weeks since the first flushing in hopes of stopping any reinfestation.

They don't look anything like any aphids I've seen, but i cant find anything else quite like them searching around Google :/ this girl is plenty big enough to flip to flower, but i really need to deal with this first. Any ideas?
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Thrips bad bug
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
      Matriumcauthon commented
      Editing a comment
      Even without stippling on the leaves or seeing adult fliers? The last of both is what's had me so confused

Howdy Matriumcauthon, what is the temperature of the water in the reservoir? I try to keep the temperature in my reservoirs between 61° and 70° F using ice bottles. If You can get some Azamax, adding it directly into the reservoir (I use a medium dose, 10 ml per six-gallon reservoir) if I get any unwanted critters. The Azamax does take some time to get rid of the bugs, but it does work. You could also try a good dose of hydrogen peroxide (the 3% from the drug store), add about four ounces to the reservoir, it will not hurt the plants, and will clear out the larvae.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
      Matriumcauthon commented
      Editing a comment
      its seemed to keep with the ambient temp in the box which has remained under 65 degrees. my grow box is in the garage which gets cold this time of year and running LEDs i dont have as much heat output.

ive been given the impression reading around that you wanted to avoid the antiseptic peroxide because of the stuff they add to keep it stable? everything i keep reading insists on food grade h2o2... though thats proving to be a challenge to find locally

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Most hydroponic stores carry 34% h2o2 with out preservatives. PPE caution, caustic, causes skin burns, strong oxidizer.

• Matriumcauthon
      Matriumcauthon commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my next stop, nearest hydro store is the next town over. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be careful dosing it out.

Matriumcauthon those look exactly like spring tails, baby springtails. Definitely not a pest that will damage your plants. They like humidity. Pretty sure they are not causing any damage to your plants. I have those in my soil, part of a good soil anywhere. When they do get a bit out of control i use Neem meal sprinkle some on top of my soil after I water the pots with Neem meal tea. They don’t go away 100 percent but I hardly see them, and when I do it’s after watering.

Comment

Oh and Azamax is extracted out of Neem meal. Azadirachtin, I believe I spelled it wrong? Anyways that is all that is extracted, you can buy the Neem meal yourself and just add the water yourself and save $ for a more full spectrum solution. Neem cake will destroy azamax in PPM hands down and it’s cheaper Just an option for you.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X