No announcement yet.

Why are autoflower yields so terrible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Forum, growing since the seventies (outdoors in Bay Area, wonderful weather). Moved to the desert a couple of decades ago. Did my first hydro a year ago so I tried an Auto, Super Silver Haze. Of course there were some challenges but in a 2' x 3' grow cabinet, Kind XL450 I got 7 ounces of manicured bud. I agree with Genetics, genetics, and light.

Comment

rugby Hi, I’ve grown 7 auto plants last year. Not great yields, but Not due to them being autos. It was my own doing and experimentation. The last one was grown in a 20”x36” tent under 2 100w quantum panels, with 2 photos all planted at the same time. The auto was a free seed from Seedsman so why not? I tortured that plant with topping, ice water flushing, 36hr darkness before chop. Still I got 1.7 oz of fantastically stinky bud. Yes all the autos have been smaller plants (genetics), but still I few oz even with problems. If you really want help, provide grow info. These GWE people will help. Plus there is a great article by Nebula on how she got great yields from some autos. Don’t give up you will succeed.
      New indoors grower.
      super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
      2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
      2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
      4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
      Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

Not to sound mean but you may want to give up on Autos and just stay with the Photos. My indoor tent is only 4' tall so I grow Autos and LST them so they won't get too big. Works for me. Happy Farming!
        Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
        Canna Coco Or
        Happy Frog soil
        Fox Farms nutrients trio
        Smart pots
        Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

Guess this was a BS post another piss in the wind without a comment from poster.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GuitboxTom
            GuitboxTom commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes SoOrbudgal, beware the question that is no question, but a statement; it’s the someone else’s fault!

Been buying from Royal Queen Seeds...Based in Europe so don't have the same selection.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X