humidifying grow room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humidifying grow room

What is the best placement for a humidifier in a 4x5x7 grow room? Low, high or in the middle. Humidity monitor hangs in the middle just above the plants.

I have mine sitting in the corner of the tent (3x3). I use the hygrometer as the guide as the small humidifier I use doesn't have pre-settings. I have my hygrometer hanging in the tent about where you do. If you try it you'll find it's easy to get a feel for how often adjustments need to be made.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• JimG
      JimG commented
      Editing a comment
      My wonder is since moist air is heavier than dry air, should the humidifier be placed higher in the room so that the moist air drops down into the dry air.

You’ll achieve most even and consistent humidification if you can place the humidifier outside your tent but in the same room. Apologies if I misread and you’re not using a tent.

Comment

Really doesn't matter much if you have air circulation, the RH will be fairly uniform throughout.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X