Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Mistake Topping Cannabis Plant?

Hello,

I recently decided to try topping my roughly 4 month old cannabis plant that I miraculously got to grow out of a few seeds I had. However I think I may have incorrectly followed instructions I read online; specifically by cutting the plants stem without there being 'new growth nodes' (smaller offshoots) present around the next layer. Basically it looks like I've just cut the stem randomly, leaving an inch above the next set of branches/armpit that have no 'nodes' around.

How will this effect any new possible growth? I read that once cut, the stem will never attempt to regrow from the same spot; and by cutting it without any 'nodes' present, I think I screwed this up?
    Am I misunderstanding how this plant will grow and how topping works? What should I expect / what should I do to fix this? Photo attached shows where I cut - about the 7th layer of branches/pistils. The smaller offsets are pistils and not 'nodes' I think.

Thanks for any help ~ let me know if you need more photographs/details
    Attached Files

You should start to get new arms coming from each side of the node instead of growing up you should a new arm from either side of each node when did you top it and is it still in veg stage

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
      PleaseSendHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ~ I literally topped it a few hours ago and it is still very much in the veg state from what I can tell. So it should work as intended?

As for how topping works once been topped it stops growing upwards into one Cola to growing bushy with multiple colas

Comment

A node is were there's a leef at either side of the stem that's a node basicly means a set of leefs.
      If there is atleast 4 to 5 sets of leefs then cut the newest part of the growth off the top then it as been topped.
      Then each leff ( node) will start to grow a new stem wich becomes a Cola does that explane any easier for you?

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
        PleaseSendHelp commented
        Editing a comment
        That's my overall issue. In the photo, the place where I cut doesn't have a new set of leaves, just pistils. Is that an issue? Will nodes grow now that it has been cut or do I need to do something to fix a mistake?

That's OK we're you have cut it if there is 4 sets of leefs or more under we're you have cut and then we're the pistels are will grow into arms instead of just a leef

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
        PleaseSendHelp commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh thank goodness, what a relief - there is plenty of leaves and branches underneath ~ about 6 - 7 layers. I only recently was told about Topping, and so have left it pretty late to do so, even though its still in the veg state.

You should start to see the difference in next couple of days

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
        PleaseSendHelp commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks very much for your help ~~ Will post the results below in a few days for people to see.

That sure is a weak 4 month old plant this must be a joke thread. Theres no growth on that
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I don't think you can do it to late as long as there's 4 to 5 sets of leefs you can top it so if there babies soon as there is 4 to 5 sets (nodes) you can top it or more then 5 just never less than 4 and you should not go wrong and no worries for the advise I hope it helps n will wait to see your pics happy growing

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          This is what needed to be told and grower needed to learn prior to topping. That is not a 4 month old photoperiod weed plant. If it is it's not going to do anything. Blind leading the Blind on this one in regards to how to grow.

They won't be any growth if its in veg will they you only get growth in flower if you mean ( bud or flower) when you say growth

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Milldog are you for real ? I feel like this post is a twilight zone

Ye if it was my plant I'd bin it but trying to help someone out and Al as you can see from that pic is a plant been topped but the plant its self yes is very stretched and for 4 month old it should be massive just trying to be polite pal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well polite is one thing but honesty and knowing he or she did a wrong thing that it's misleading a new grower. PleaseSendHelp your handle says it all, post a full plant in natural light i'm telling you that is by no means a 4month old plant.

What does you handle says it all what do you mean by that and as for all this it's not me saying it's a 4 month old plant is it so before been a arsey twat get your facts right n read the post properly it's pleasesendhelp that's said its 4 month not me pal end of

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Milldog coming from one who doesn't know how to even water a plant tells alot also......@PleaseSendHelp your plant needed much more lighting, better soil. Lots of us who have been on this forum have left because of asshole newbies like you and the other who trot stupidly into something they know nothing about and give advise. Experience and true knowledge is what we aim to give new growers, we don't babysit make false claims give half ass answers. You want to know whats wrong or play ass games with others go someplace else.

The plant is indeed nearing 4 months old. Not sure how many trolls you'd get on this forum, but i think you should chill a bit lol. The photograph is literally of the top of the plant, below where I cut an entire layer off. Its very tall and kind of slender owing to issues I encountered with PH and Nutrient Burn earlier on, but getting there growth wise. I'm here to receive advice, and was told on other forums that I posted this issue on the same advice that Milldog gave. It should be all fine. Thanks to those trying to help.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PleaseSendHelp; 01-16-2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Yes I know sorry for getting high rated that's exactly what I'm getting at all you can see is the very top of the plant so there's no telling how old it is I wasn't getting arsey with you looks like the other persons doing abit of shit staring mate anyway hope all goes well in the end anyway lol

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
            PleaseSendHelp commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha no need to apologise for getting high rated, wasn't actually directed at you my friend

Even though she looks kinda rough right now, its nothing compared to what i saved her from a few weeks ago (PH and Nutrient Burn and you can still see the scars). Will post an update at some point, thanks again for the actual help <3

No problem mate happy smoking

Comment

This is why i put effort into learning how to grow indoors. You read and follow really good growers read read practice
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PleaseSendHelp
              PleaseSendHelp commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool... but who asked? Congrats on flexing and not offering any helpful advice whatsoever. Pretty weird tryna score dunks on a thread just asking for help. You've got a pretty shit attitude not gonna lie. Have a good one all the same.

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              You asked by coming here to this forum looking for help. A person is free to comment openly here. If you 2 ass jackets want to PM each other and give un realiable answers about growing hey do it in a private message be sure and come back asking for help cause you learned so much. I stand by what i said prior.........lack of light and poor info given to you on how to grow.

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Not a tumor... Brrrraaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaa

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X