for the first time its happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL for the first time its happening

helloguys...what if almost all the water you give to plant goes out from the bottom? is it root problem or something?Leafs are look fine no sign about over/underwatering...

Here is a link to the forums website full of info.
    If you want some people to respond might want to add pics and more info on your setup.pHed water soil lights indoor outdoor tempatures pots girlfriend it might help diagnois the problem easier. Peace Out .

Guide to Growing Cannabis Tutorials | Grow Weed Easy
    Last edited by LemonBud; 01-16-2022, 05:09 AM.
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• bobycudo
      bobycudo commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the link man but i ve been linked here since17)) am not new grower I do research before asking something...
      and not just in this site...By the way this problem is (if it is) not about only weed, it can be happen to any pot plant...

If there was something unusual on the plants than it should be probaply i would tell or show it for sure. i got 3 plants 'exactly 'same condition same medium...this thing is just on 1 of them but they all look fine...i have also many house plants for a long time and it never see such a thing before or i just didnt realize...question was simple if you got an answer you're welcome!

Check mate
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I could venture a guess that they are already close to saturated when you're watering or possibly you've got way too much perlite in your soil. Another possibility is that you're using peat based soil that has dried out too much and will need to be slowly watered from the top or even rewetted from the saucer at bottom. Peat absorbs a tremendous amount of water when moist but repels water when it is dry.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by UndergroundFarmer View Post
        I could venture a guess that they are already close to saturated when you're watering or possibly you've got way too much perlite in your soil. Another possibility is that you're using peat based soil that has dried out too much and will need to be slowly watered from the top or even rewetted from the saucer at bottom. Peat absorbs a tremendous amount of water when moist but repels water when it is dry.
        this is what i done last night(:lil bit risky i think..but for now they look just fine
        Attached Files

Comment

Look bone dry to me. What undergroundfarmer said makes sense to me. But who knows what you are using? Being that instead of giving some info on it you reply with the question was simple. But I guess typing some on info on your grow is hard? Plus if it’s all the same how are we supposed to know that? Seems like an issue only you could figure out. Since it has nothing to do with actually growing weed but a mysterious pot? Lol.

Comment

Soil with a lot of organics in it can dry to the point it no longer takes on water, I would set it in a tub of water and let it soak into the dry soil for an hour or so then let it drain.

Comment

Water follows the course of least resistance, so when you pour it in it to fast it creates a channel to the bottom and it follows that same route every time you water, eroding a little more each time. If you've ever seen a flood, rivers cut new channels. Water always wins.

Comment

But this guy says he knows already, he just wants us to somehow have gone thru the same problem and magically solve his issue lol. I think the pot mistery is best left for the pros like shaggy and the gang. Haha

Comment

Yo dude, from the look of the roots they appear dried out, and it sounds like you're probably not over-watering either, so my best guess is more just adjust your watering technique, and potentially even water more frequently. I gotta say though, in soil when you remove rootzone from pot, it should have the soil body still around it, whereas your pic almost looks like you just pulled that out a DWC bucket or something! If the roots are unfurling out & soiling is crumbling away that much then i would propose they're way too dry.

I can only suspect what is happening is that the soil is hardened dry & most likely has shrunk away from the sides of the pot - if you water too quick, it'll just skate off the surface and flow down the sides - this is the most common reason why people see water coming immediately straight back out the bottom.

My only advice is if the soil is dry before watering is; firstly, press & push the soil perimeter back against & back down the inner pot sides - if you find that the soil perimeter keeps pushing down & you can fit your little finger down the inner sides, then add a handful of extra soil around the perimeter and push it down to fill in any gaps between soil body and pot sides. Soil usually compacts together over time and if the pots were not fully packed & tamped down when 1st filled then soil naturally settles, drops & contracts and will need topping up to maintain the volume you intended when 1st filled.

Secondly, with the actual watering, I'd recommend trying watering alot slower - rather than just 1 watering of whole amount at once, divide each watering amount into 5 segments - water 1 slow ring circuit around the re-packed soil perimeter first, wait 30 secs, then do same 1 slow ring perimeter circuit again, wait another 30 secs, then slowly pour a small puddle in the middle/plant stem that is just enough to pool in the middle, wait 30 secs for this pool to disappear then reapply same size pool to middle again. Once this also absorbs after 30 secs, then deliver what's left with a slow, equal pour over whole soil surface.

These 2 things should then give your water more time to penetrate hardened soil without giving it the avenue to run straight down the sides. Also, slow, staggered watering is one of the main ways to help aerate & draw oxygen back down into the rootzone, which again is important if soil has become overly hardened. Once you do this a couple of times, the soil body should go back to soaking up water alot more efficiently & the roots will enjoy having a nice soak far more than trying to catch what they can of a flash flood.

Apologies if you are doing all this already, though if it isn't your current soil condition/watering technique causing this issue, then I'm afraid I haven't got anything else to offer on why the water would be exiting so quick.
                  Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 01-18-2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X