A harvesting conundrum ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A harvesting conundrum ???

So I just hit 9 weeks in flower and I am growing Gordo Master Kush and Blue Dream. I am on my 4th grow. First 2 grows were in coco, last grow was DWC. I had some of the same issues in my last grow, one plant being much larger than the other. Moving forward I will not grow 2 different strains in the same DWC reservoir. To the problem at hand. My Gordo Master kush will be ready in a week or 2- trich are still all white and cloudy. The blue dream on the other hand is a late bloomer, she has at least another month, white pistils all over the place. How do I go about harvesting my GMK? The roots are all comingled, no way I can untangle them. Would it be possible to just cut out my GMK and leave some leftover roots in my rez? In terms of flushing I'm going to put distilled water in my rez for 3 or 4 days- harvest my GMK and put some nutrients in the rez to resume feeding my blue dream. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Just chop her down like you would in soil.

Comment

Am I overthinking things by thinking the roots from my chopped plant could be deleterious to the plant that has yet to be harvested?

Comment

I left my stump in the tote running for a little over a week last harvest (That’s it pictured). You don’t want to disturb the other plants roots or cut these off to die and cause root rot so I would probably harvest it and keep a eye on the other plant. Might also shade the stump but don’t put anything on it to restrict air because it will be dumping water for a little bit. Also I don’t think I would do much of a flush on the first one maybe top the reservoir off with pH water a couple times instead of fresh nutrients to water it down some (get the ppm down) but the other plant is still blooming and needs to be fed.
        Last edited by Jebidiah; 01-17-2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X