Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year New Crop

First off. Happy New Year to everyone!
    ​​​​​​ Been quiet a bit since i haven't had much luck. Lost all my plants last time because of spider mites. I was limited to what i could use because i didn't want to spray the buds. It was unavoidable. I dumped everything and I'm trying the organic way to grow since soil pH has not been my friend at all.

This time I'm using:
    Fox Farm Happy Frog mixed with Nature's Living Soil
    Nature's Living Soil Girl Flower Power Bud Booster for flowering stage
    Not using any pH up or down
    No nutrients or fertilizers
    Using store bought Spring Water (no RO) realized the water coming from my sink is about 5.5pH. I'm sure that was giving me the super acidic soil and yellow leaves and red stems.
    Still have my Spider Farmer and Mars Hydro lights
    Room temp 78-74°F
    Switched to 12/12 Christmas day
    Strains:
    1. Mystery... No idea but the genetics are wow. No other plant grows as well as the cuttings from this mystery strain
    2. Spiritual Punk 2x
    3. Blue Dreams (the seeds promised by a friend finally came through)

This is the FIRST time I'm about a month into bloom and i don't have any yellow leaves, i don't have any red stems, no bugs, no real evidence of any kind of nutrient deficiency. This is the BEST shape I've been in since my very first grow. This soil so far is just fantastic. Everything is going too smoothly. The only issue.... MY GOD DOES THAT SOIL STINK!! dear God wow. I still smell it when i go into the room but fuck it if i get great results. I have the next generation rooting. Since i don't have space for that many plants.... And my current just started blooming, I'm going to make 3 of them Mother Plants and just take cuttings off of them. Keep things efficient.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
    MAC1 (Blimburn)
    Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
    Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
    T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
    🍄Treasure Coast 3x

This is what I mean about the good genetics for that mystery strain.... While the other ones are rooting this one's already exploding and growth... I could see that the blue dreams also has pretty good genetics because it's growing pretty well also.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
    Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
    🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Looking good. About the stink, are you sure it is the soil and not the plants? I had a hydro grow that I would have sworn that I had a bacteria problem due to the stench. I moved the plants outside for some real sunshine and the stench moved with them.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Ckbrew oh yeah it's the soil. When i opened the bag for the first time.... The smell that came out of there..... Wooooo and i have a nose of a bloodhound so that shit knocked me up side the head. My friend and i had to run to the window lol. Once mixed with the regular soil is not terrible, but you still get that fishy funky smell. The product site says it's normal, customer reviews say it's normal and the girls look amazing.... Better than any other grow... Incredibly pleased with it, but this nose doesn't lie. I smell it instantly when i walk into the room.

On the plus side the plants are blooming. Soon the room is going to smell AMAZING. Also -12C. (14F) not bringing anything outside lolol
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
        Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
        🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Those look like rotting in the soil overwatered stinking soil
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry if the comment offends anyone, i don't play games here when it comes to growing strong healthy plants

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            Which looks wet? No egg smell or ammonia.... Just smells like poop in dirt.

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            I think my issue might be underwatering. The soil is so nutrient rich that I'm getting burns on some leaves. Can't think of anything else. I mean THIS site is the one that recommended the soil. I've been following everything to a T. Even buy damn water and pH test it to make sure it's all 6.5 +/- .1. Lights i moved to 18in instead of 16in as recommended by Spider Farmer. Idk what else i can do different.

SoOrbudgal no no it's def not overwatering.... My plants were limp today because i think I'm underwatering. Soil was dry dry. Second no offense at all. I appreciate any advice. I'm no pro at this. The smell of the soil is normal. Even when you look at the FAQ it's one of the main questions. The soil my plants are in doesn't stink per say. The unused portion of the Nature's Living Soil that's still in the bag smells just as bad...... But i mean if you use horse manure it's gonna smell like horse..... This soil uses all kinds of fungus and poop so i never smelled poop that smells good before 😂😂

The ammonia smell and the anaerobic bacteria is also addressed on the FAQ and again it's normal. I just have a super super sensitive nose.

I'm curious though. Which ones looks wet? I know the cuttings have wet soil because well rooting still. The ones blooming. I'm super careful with the watering because i read everywhere it's a problem with organic growing. So i have a soil probe to check moisture.

​​​​​​​The plants aren't showing any issues besides the 1 because i under watered it and i guess too nutrient rich? But those are old leaves that only have 3 fingers. Any new ones look fine.....
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
          Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
          🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Take a look yourselves. The smell is normal....i just mentioned it because like the good compost i use for my yard..... That shit stinky stinky but it does wonders. And again super sensitive nose.

But the soil in the plants doesn't stink. It's just the "aroma" from the unused portion that I'm smelling. Says to store the bag open in a cool dark spot. I can still smell the poop from there 😂😂. The nose is a blessing and a curse

So i apologize for the confusion but the soil from the plants doesn't smell any worse or different than the way it should smell
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
            Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
            🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Granted now the plants are blooming, it's starting to smell lovely in there. Almost can't smell the bag of poop soil in the corner 😂
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
              Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
              🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Why are you burning these plants. Can't look at a pic and see if it's over or under watered but they look like they have way too much nutes early.
                keeping it green with the soil thing
                love me some frosty autos
                braap
                BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I don't add anything. It's whatever is in the organic soil. It is nutrient rich and it does say young plants may get nutrient burn.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                  Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                  🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Well there you go.
                    keeping it green with the soil thing
                    love me some frosty autos
                    braap
                    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Going2fast honestly not too worried about some nutrient burn. It was to be expected. I'm going to be in the lookout for any other problems. Cal/Mag may still be an issue idk

Trying to follow everything to a T. From the soil variety to the temp, to the humidity, light distance, duration,. Idk what i could be doing different or better than i currently am. If there is I'm open to any suggestions. The cancer costs are killing me faster than the cancer and it would be really nice to just not have to buy overpriced dispensary shit because this is one of the few meds that helps tremendously. It's why i still have motivation to get up in the mornings
                      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                      Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                      🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X