hps 600 v 400 (light burn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hps 600 v 400 (light burn)

I don't have a great deal of Hight. my grow area is 1.2m wide x 3.4m long. I've got 2 cool tubes with a cool hood in the middle. My leaves started going light and yellow, you can actually see the plants darken as they are away from directly under the tubes. but I was dealing with a thrips problem, so wasn't 100% sure if it was being caused with all that, now with some investigation, It light burn. I got 3 600w hps. thinking of going to 400w. my question is. should I change them all too 400. or perhaps just the middle. will I lose a lot of weight changing to 400w.

More light is better… until it is not. I have a 600w HPS which works great, I just have to keep an eye on how close the light is to the canopy to balance burn vs reduced growth (same concern regardless of light strength/type). I wouldn’t buy 400w lights I would just pay more attention to how close they are to the plants. I assume you have them hung so you can raise and lower. My space isn’t big enough for multiple lights so I am not sure if having multiple lights with overlapping coverage is increasing your risk of burn.

one final thought, is there any chance the lighting is making the center of your canopy look a lighter colour of green (vs actually being)? HPS lights can do that. If you aren’t sure turn off the lights and look using a more natural light.

Comment

my light. ( I need to tidy up them cables)
      Attached Files

Comment

took the leave on the left from a plant that isn't directly under the lights. other 2 from near the middle. since I turned of my middle light for a few days, the plants seem to be getting a bit greener.
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X