Recreational for Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recreational for Oklahoma?

Another year and another try to get recreational to the vote, but if they do will it pass? Now they are going to tell folks that recreational is already here and has been for many years. They are simply trying to redirect the money from mafia to despo. I have not seen nor read this bill yet (it wont be much different than the last one), but I will guarantee recreational will not be allowed to grow their own, they will be completely restricted to buying from the despo. The part about getting the jobs and taxes from it is good, but without being able to grow a few plants for recreational use, I am out. I myself think we should be allowed to grow these plants right next to the tomatoes in our gardens. (without any permit or license)
    So whats your thoughts on Oklahoma maybe going recreational? (Okies, not asking how you may vote)

What's the penalty for growing a few plants? If 500 friends could grow and place 4 MJ plants all out the same summer i bet that would make media. For us who can grow 4 legal plants we are by no means taking money from the state. There will always be under ground farming of MJ it's a plant been growing for centuries. The people can not all be arrested make some noise.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I love the state of Oklahoma. Even though the state is predominately conservative, I do think that it would pass if it makes it to the ballot. The issue here in Florida has been kept off the ballot due to the Florida Supreme Court preventing voters from getting a vote on the issue, thereby legislating through judicial fiat.
      Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
      Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
      Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
      Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Comment

I hear ya Rwise. I hope the recreational does not pass. I like the current medical set up in OK. The initial cost ain't exactly cheap but to me it is worth it. I'm sure it could have been had for less but I wasn't thinking about that when medical became legal. $250 for the first doctor visit including the state fee for the medical card (that's good for two years) and the small renewal fee, that allows me as an individual to smoke and grow basically whenever and however. I also like the regulation. I know that ain't popular but there has to be rules.
        Last edited by golfnrl; 01-12-2022, 08:26 AM.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

IF it passes, how is the LEO going to know IF my grow is legit?
          There are enuf issues to overcome first, I didn't catch the "wild west of weed" but heard some of what they claim. Even in the 70s the underground claimed MJ was the top dollar crop in Oklahoma. How many folks have heard of Tulsa Tops? The grow south of me appears to have shut down right after harvest, lights are off and no body around, I know it was legit, then sold now closed? I heard they would sale to anyone that walked up, the powers that be are working on this end, once all is in place they will know by GPS if a commercial grow is legit or not. IDK I foresee lots of problems IF it passes. But it would seem we are shipping MJ all over the world now.
          Getting started was a bit pricey, I used THC in Tulsa as they did everything for me ($250). But $25 for 2 year permit I can handle, still it should be free to grow ones own herb.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            IF it passes, how is the LEO going to know IF my grow is legit?
            There are enuf issues to overcome first, I didn't catch the "wild west of weed" but heard some of what they claim. Even in the 70s the underground claimed MJ was the top dollar crop in Oklahoma. How many folks have heard of Tulsa Tops? The grow south of me appears to have shut down right after harvest, lights are off and no body around, I know it was legit, then sold now closed? I heard they would sale to anyone that walked up, the powers that be are working on this end, once all is in place they will know by GPS if a commercial grow is legit or not. IDK I foresee lots of problems IF it passes. But it would seem we are shipping MJ all over the world now.
            Getting started was a bit pricey, I used THC in Tulsa as they did everything for me ($250). But $25 for 2 year permit I can handle, still it should be free to grow ones own herb.
            Wow Rwise. I'm born and raised here and have always heard the #1 cash crop was cannabis and waaaaay before medical came along. Tulsa Tops you say? Haven't heard that term in a long time. Probably 40+ years. Same place I used to get the card. I laughed when I walked in. Couldn't believe it.
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Some years ago High Times ran an article on collecting sunshine with copper plates, just before several large buildings went up with copper all over them. I have to wonder whats in the basement.

I already know several that will not accept not being able to grow (without a permit), they voted against what we have now.
            IF they would put in the right to grow a few, it will get many more votes. I also dont see everyone growing their own, many city folk would simply go to the despo. (many reasons for that)
            BU2B Never heard of that one, I did go to starships other side, the word "bong" would get you tossed out.
            golfnrl I was born on the property I have now

Comment

any of you okies ever been to the Red Dog Saloon? was watching a documentary about it last night. seems like a fun place. sorry for off topic.

Comment

I still have a pipe from Starship Records and Tapes' "other side"!

In Missouri, we had competing ballot initiatives for constitutional amendments for medical. The one NORML supported was very generous, especially for home grow and beat the hell out of the other ones. I've been away from Indian Territory for too long to know how the process works there but that might be a solution.

I declined an opportunity to go to Red Dog last time I was in OKC. It was not a bad decision according to the guys who did go there.
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

JuanHondo Haven't been their, I was raised in the shadow of the Blue Heaven tavern (it was the school bus stop), a red neck joint from way back. It was torn down a few years ago, I hated to see this old land mark go, but its gone.
                  UndergroundFarmer I have the reel to reel they used to record all the LPs that went through there, Honest John wasn't so honest.

Comment

First head shop I went into in Tulsa (mid 1970's) was the Rubicon on Peoria. Bought an 18" plastic Kabong. It was red. Used that thing for years and loved it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X